+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tier system for evermore

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Not convinced that tier system will work. The strategy is to get rid of the virus and suppress it. Us being in tier 2 or tier 1 or whatever just causes more problems for those who live near us in tier 3 or tier4. The Highlands are terrified of people coming up on holiday because they may have come from a higher tier. I just don't think it works.
    I do not see why people living Dundee should currently be in the same Tier as people living in North Lanarkshire which currently has the highest rate of positive Covid-19 cases throughout Scotland.
    One size does not fit all and the sooner Nicola and the dentist realise that the better.
    A few days ago Matt Hancock stated that we are all going to have to live with the Covid-19 virus. In my opinion eleven months ago the politicians and health experts should have taken that view instead of listen to scientists who have continually changed their minds.
    One scientist recently stated that nothing should reopen until there were no cases of the Covid-19 virus throughout the world.
    God knows what planet he is living on but he should have been put on the spaceship to Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Looks like capital gains tax and corperation tax is gonna be the 1st hit.....

Wealth tax commission rcommended wealth tax of 5% on wealth over 500k.....sounds fine for most until you realise the 500k includes pension funds and main home......most folk 25/30 years or so in final salary schemes (Nhs, council, teachers) will have 500k in pension fund......so say nurse (always political dynamite) 500k in pension fund, 200 k house, 50k savings, 20k ( car, and other bits and bobs, shares jewellery etc)...770k total....tax liability 5% on 270k.
    U
    I'm not sure how pension funds already crystallized would be treated.
    There is an easy way to raise taxes. People on higher rates of tax (40% and 45%) pay the full national insurance rate rather than an extra 2% on top of the current 12% that employee pays as a standard rate taxpayer.
    I would also stop this nonsense where people set themselves up as a limited company to reduce paying income tax by paying themselves a dividend which incurs a lower rate of tax instead of the PAYE scheme.
    I also think it is ridiculous that employers have to pay the full 13.8% national insurance contribution for employees on higher rates of tax namely 40% and 45% whilst their employee only pays an 2% extra national insurance contribution. https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance-rates-letters
    I enclose a list of all the different categories with the vast majority of workers in the U.K. being in Category A. https://www.gov.uk/national-insuranc...tegory-letters

Where did you see this? Wealth tax is crazy idea. Think this is a scare everyone first to set up acceptance of what they really want to do.
    I seem to remember reading about it in the Business section of the Sunday Times where there was the idea that Capital Gains Tax would be charged at the same rate as Income Tax depending which rate of tax people were paying. That idea appears to have been abandoned.
    I do not understand what all the fuss is about repaying the money borrowed to pay for the furlough scheme. The UK government are currently borrowing the money at close to zero internet rates. Once things get back to normal income from PAYE and VAT will greatly increase as people start spending their money and businesses are no longer ‘milking’ the furlough scheme.

Where did you see this? Wealth tax is crazy idea. Think this is a scare everyone first to set up acceptance of what they really want to do.
    Wealth tax commission published report in December.

They have a wealth tax in 4 euro countries.

They favour a one off rather than annual.

The recommendation to include main homes and pensions would make poll tax legislation a piece of piss.....but never say never.....very easy to collect as well.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I do not see why people living Dundee should currently be in the same Tier as people living in North Lanarkshire which currently has the highest rate of positive Covid-19 cases throughout Scotland.
    One size does not fit all and the sooner Nicola and the dentist realise that the better.
    A few days ago Matt Hancock stated that we are all going to have to live with the Covid-19 virus. In my opinion eleven months ago the politicians and health experts should have taken that view instead of listen to scientists who have continually changed their minds.
    One scientist recently stated that nothing should reopen until there were no cases of the Covid-19 virus throughout the world.
    God knows what planet he is living on but he should have been put on the spaceship to Mars.
    They are now moving to what we have been saying for 10 months.

They are now moving to what we have been saying for 10 months.
    Sadly these politicians have been promoted to their level of incompetence.

Powers to continue with restrictions about to be extended to October.

They won't lift these in Oct if they are.

It's tier system for the foreseeable, lockdown (they will call it higher tier to avoid use of work lockdown)....every winter.

3 weeks to flatten the curve.🙄

One year on.

Powers to continue with restrictions about to be extended to October.

They won't lift these in Oct if they are.

It's tier system for the foreseeable, lockdown (they will call it higher tier to avoid use of work lockdown)....every winter.

3 weeks to flatten the curve.🙄

One year on.
    It's taken a long time for me to come totally round to your way of thinking but listening to some doctor wumman on Sky news just now it certainly doesn't look like we are going to be 'free' any time soon. She was saying masks and social distancing for several years to come. Can't see folk standing for that for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    It's taken a long time for me to come totally round to your way of thinking but listening to some doctor wumman on Sky news just now it certainly doesn't look like we are going to be 'free' any time soon. She was saying masks and social distancing for several years to come. Can't see folk standing for that for so long.
    Van Gough wasn't appreciated for the master he was till deid.

Alas I feel a similar fate.😃

I like having two ears though.

Only kidding.

For me it was what Mr Hitchens said last March, once politicians have powers they are very reluctant to give them up.

3 weeks to flatten curve, then to protect the elderly, then the nhs, then masks, then the vaccine is the way out, then once the vulnerable have been vaccinated, then everyone over 50.....then they will let us out for 3 months and then.....just another winter lockdown.

Since April I've found the restriction of movement, liberty and freedom much more frightening than the virus......and still do.

5k fine for going on holiday.

1 year anniversary of 3 weeks to flatten the curve.....splendid.

33 (thirty three) deaths of people WITH covid yesterday.

All over 50s almost vaccinated. ......wakey wakey.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)