+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 Games Left

13 Games Left

Just 13 games left!

Is that enough for someone to come in and keep us afloat?

How many did Rafa have? 11? 10?

I genuinely think it’s too late and we are gone

If we drop into the bottom 3 at the weekend i think he will finally get the boot, 12 games to save us its possible as fulham and Brighton have a few tough fixtures left and with a new manager in charge we would hopefully have a boost.

What do we need, 4 wins say? We have 6 winnable games left. We can do it, but our form is in the gutter and with no Wilson and Bruce lost at sea there is real danger of the drop.

The next question is, would that be so bad? I know takeover blah, blah blah, but hand on heart does any of us actually believe it could happen?Nah, me neither.

I hate us being in the PL as it stands. Its embarrasing.

I would like us to stay up but have to say those 2 seasons in Championship I enjoyed the season and football more. Another season in premiership with Ashley and Bruce isnt an option for me that I would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    What do we need, 4 wins say? We have 6 winnable games left. We can do it, but our form is in the gutter and with no Wilson and Bruce lost at sea there is real danger of the drop.

The next question is, would that be so bad? I know takeover blah, blah blah, but hand on heart does any of us actually believe it could happen?Nah, me neither.

I hate us being in the PL as it stands. Its embarrasing.

There will be few tears shed from other supporters if we go - cesspit of a club, moron of a manager, buffoon of an owner and of course the terrible football. Plus, one of the clubs with the potential to break into the top with the right owners probably destined for years of a fate like Sheffield Wednesday & Leeds in recent years.

Plus, he’s got a chance to make however many £M - his main motivation - and yet Bruce is still here. In the context of things, even if it cost the club £5M or even £10M to get rid of Bruce for a proper manager, it’s not a huge amount in the context of things. Even if he went down that route and the sale fell through for non football reasons, he’d just take it off the next transfer window or sell ASM or Almeiron. It must be the issue he has where in his world he’s never wrong.

Some really good points.

I loved the two Chimpo seasons too but only because we were winning games and we had hope. I think it will be very different this time if we do go down-Ashley's decision making has been so bad, I wouldn't rule out Bruce being kept on as the 'man to get us back up. Can you imagine???

As for survival, there are definitely enough winnable games left if we had someone new but if we stick with Bruce we're screwed.

I definitely haven't given up on all hope of a takeover but I don't think for a second that fatso would drop his asking price to a reasonable enough level to suit the buyers. Because he's a gambler, he would bank on us going back up at the first shot and the buyers would go away and buy someone else in the meantime.

I think we can still stay up, there are winnable games and the other clubs around us do have hard games as well, plus I think at least one will suffer a loss of form.

Will we. . . I doubt with Bruce in charge.

If we go down, I don't think we'd come straight back up. Last times we're ok because we were winning games and it all looked decent for a return to the prem. This time. . .

exactly that. we enjoyed it because we were winning, and we knew we had a great chance of winning every game, we weren't writing off the game before we even kicked off thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    Just 13 games left!

Is that enough for someone to come in and keep us afloat?

How many did Rafa have? 11? 10?

I genuinely think it’s too late and we are gone
    It’s too late to sack Bruce to save us from relegation. If they do
    sack him it will be with 6 games to go, accepting our faith and next season manager put in place probably that Jones lad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)