Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Only two points.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,170

    Only two points.

    Despite all the despair and gnashing of teeth, we are only two points less now than we were at this stage last season. It should still be possible to amass a points total in the low fifties.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Despite all the despair and gnashing of teeth, we are only two points less now than we were at this stage last season. It should still be possible to amass a points total in the low fifties.
    Got to say I'm surprised at that, there's also talk of an outside chance of Europa League! I think we'll end up with about 48 points personally, but only if we keep up our current form and don't get any more injuries, we're still a bit goal shy.

    Although this ones not over yet... it'll be interesting to see what happens pre and next season, player ins and outs, will we persist with a back four and will Raul be the force he was?

    I'm just looking forward to the possibility of being in the ground on May 23rd, and then full grounds again at some stage next season?!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,930
    Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Despite all the despair and gnashing of teeth, we are only two points less now than we were at this stage last season. It should still be possible to amass a points total in the low fifties.
    Our math teacher used to use the expression "a wailing and gnashing of teeth" but I get your point!

    Interesting fact but I think everyone will agree, for a number of reasons, we are not playing anywhere near the standard of last season.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,396
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Our math teacher used to use the expression "a wailing and gnashing of teeth" but I get your point!

    Interesting fact but I think everyone will agree, for a number of reasons, we are not playing anywhere near the standard of last season.
    Did they only teach you one math, Woody? We used to have loads of different ones and it was called maths! Nothing personal, but the American *******isation of our language does not sit well with me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,622
    Wokes re "Nothing personal, but the American *******isation of our language does not sit well with me."

    Talk about light blue touch paper .....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Wokes re "Nothing personal, but the American *******isation of our language does not sit well with me."

    Talk about light blue touch paper .....
    Woody knows me. He won't take offence as he will know non was intended. I never understood this 'math' thing. The subject is mathematics, plural. I have a very well read friend who always refers to the USA as the 'land of the strange' and he is not far wrong given how many people voted for 'make America grate again' Trump!
    Last edited by Woking88; 25-02-2021 at 12:45 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,132
    Is that the American spelling of great Wokes? 😁

    Careful what you say about the former POTUS, things got a bit heated on that subject not so long ago...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Wokes re "Nothing personal, but the American *******isation of our language does not sit well with me."

    Talk about light blue touch paper .....
    WB, Wokes has an alter ego, it is a red faced, purple nosed academic authoritarian wearing a mortar board that longs to break out and administer random spankings to those that deserve it, usually Hattie Jacques look a likes. To his credit he does a great job of containing this entity but of course his guard occasionally drops.

    A couple of stiff Gin and Tonics and a back issue of "Spick and Span" and he'll be fine.

    Right Wokes!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,396
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    WB, Wokes has an alter ego, it is a red faced, purple nosed academic authoritarian wearing a mortar board that longs to break out and administer random spankings to those that deserve it, usually Hattie Jacques look a likes. To his credit he does a great job of containing this entity but of course his guard occasionally drops.

    A couple of stiff Gin and Tonics and a back issue of "Spick and Span" and he'll be fine.

    Right Wokes!
    Spot on woody!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks for the enlightenment. I have say that I also struggle with the concept of "Math". I had a heated exchange with an American woman on TripAdvisor over it, but after a while banging my head against a brick wall was getting painful. I also struggle with the seemingly acceptable spelling of Sulphur with an f. It wasn't spelt with an f when 1st discovered or even when I studied Chemistry and I'm NOT doing now. (stamps foot)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •