+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I can't Go Overseas Unless I Lie BUT:

I can't Go Overseas Unless I Lie BUT:

Many voted for Brexit to stop illegal immigration but what has Boris done? You can't leave the country unless you lie but the doors are still wide open for dinghies and aircraft landing with almost no checks! Then we have going on for 125,000 deaths and still rising! What happened to the Aussie or equivalent points system? It will be the same as a potential vaccine passport - it will never happen because oh alas - it could discriminate!!! Anybody who does not want the vaccine - I get that as it's your right but don't sob sob when some other countries ban entry. Don't worry though - the good old UK won't enforce jack s hit!

MPs told that 99% of arrivals in to the UK are not going into hotel quarantine

Only 1% of arrivals in to the UK are going into hotel quarantine, MPs have been told by Border Force.

Of the 15,000 people still coming into the country every day, only 150 are going in to hotels - with everyone else free to go home using public transport.

Over the last few weeks, UK residents arriving into the country from the 33 "red list" countries have been forced to quarantine in a hotel for 10 days, at a cost of £1,750 per person.

1 % !! Didn’t realise how low the figure was. What’s the point?
    Governments worldwide have never took the travel situation seriously.
    Countries are still cramming 300 plus people in an enclosed 747 metal tube for 12 hours and sending them to all corners of the globe in a pandemic.
    Us humans deserve what we get

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    1 % !! Didn’t realise how low the figure was. What’s the point?
    Governments worldwide have never took the travel situation seriously.
    Countries are still cramming 300 plus people in an enclosed 747 metal tube for 12 hours and sending them to all corners of the globe in a pandemic.
    Us humans deserve what we get
    Some of us last summer refused to be forced into a metal tube to go on holiday to Spain and lost around £2600 as a family on flight tickets as no one would refund the money because the flights went. Those who went were often flown home at great expense to the tax payer.

That said we got what we deserved, we were free to make that choice, yes we lost money but rather that than have a holiday like the one we would have had in July 2020.

I remain hopeful that in the future there will be some international collaboration on the issue.
    But while the most populous nation on Earth deliberately allowed one of the world largest movements of people to travel on their main public holiday when they had clear evidence of a unknown highly transmissible respiratory virus, well ... we don’t really stand much chance in the future.
    Trump was a total idiot but he was correct on his opinion of the WHO in this matter.

Good band the Who.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)