+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone Booked Holidays for 2021 Abroad

My life is one long holiday abroad

PS Watch out on insurance as some companies are starting to throttle back on what they are offering/covering with regards COVID.

ELK, I managed to transfer a holiday from last October to this October no extra charge. Normally go last week in November but bookings didn't stretch that far at the time of transfer.

Let's hope no engineers have lost their skills in checking these big birds out before they go sky bound once again, afterall, some have been mothballed for many months. Looking forward to getting away once again, hopefully, it all goes smoothly without any non- european union red tape holding us up on arrival!

Let normality resume, but only if it safe to do so. I wouldn't like to see all this concerted effort be wasted by taking off the shackles too early.

What about if UK holiday makers go abroad and subsequently infect the locals. That doesn't seem right to me and I can't see many people in countries like Greece having the vaccine anytime soon.
    A friend of mine lives in the Cote D,azur which is a very affluent part of Europe but he doesn't expect an innoculation for many months yet. Other countries are way behind our vaccination programme and some countries just won't have the funds even if it,s available

Also, what about if there is a new strain of the virus in certain parts of Europe that the UK vaccines can't deal with very well. Holidaymakers become ill and then bring the new strain home to these shores

There are many people on the news such as the Independent,s Simon Calder where these concerns just don't seem to register with them and they Just seem to want to promote the travel industry rather than give a balanced view

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, I managed to transfer a holiday from last October to this October no extra charge. Normally go last week in November but bookings didn't stretch that far at the time of transfer.

Let's hope no engineers have lost their skills in checking these big birds out before they go sky bound once again, afterall, some have been mothballed for many months. Looking forward to getting away once again, hopefully, it all goes smoothly without any non- european union red tape holding us up on arrival!

Let normality resume, but only if it safe to do so. I wouldn't like to see all this concerted effort be wasted by taking off the shackles too early.

Interesting point is that one Brin regarding mothballed aircraft.

It’s more than a visual check, many modern aircraft have to be “ run up” regularly because the lubrication system in the turbines is powered under pressure. If left unpowered the lubricant doesn’t reach all of the engine. Also tyres can deteriorate if left unturned and pressured up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

It’s more than a visual check, many modern aircraft have to be “ run up” regularly because the lubrication system in the turbines is powered under pressure. If left unpowered the lubricant doesn’t reach all of the engine. Also tyres can deteriorate if left unturned and pressured up.
    Grist, the aircraft that have been mothballed were one of the reasons why I waited while October this year. I know it sounds selfish wanting others to board and try them out first but, this weighed heavy on my mind about not jumping on the first flights/hols available.

You're correct about the fluids etc and I wonder just how much those wheels have been rotated during lockdown?

Getting an aircraft ready for service is very much like making love to a beautiful woman Paul

Check her over, apply Plenty of lube to those difficult to reach areas and then pump up her undercarriage

Swiss Tony

Grist, the aircraft that have been mothballed were one of the reasons why I waited while October this year. I know it sounds selfish wanting others to board and try them out first but, this weighed heavy on my mind about not jumping on the first flights/hols available.

You're correct about the fluids etc and I wonder just how much those wheels have been rotated during lockdown?
    Just to make you feel a bit happier Brin

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-safely-at-dia

Just to make you feel a bit happier Brin

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-safely-at-dia
    Yeh saw that....lucky lucky people both on the plane and on the ground. Thing is for me grist, when you got to go you got to go, sometimes you can't choose when.You takes your gamble climbing onboard a plane.

Yeh saw that....lucky lucky people both on the plane and on the ground. Thing is for me grist, when you got to go you got to go, sometimes you can't choose when.You takes your gamble climbing onboard a plane.
    Statistics show Brin that at our age you take a far bigger chance climbing onboard a woman.

That air intake cowling ring shown in the photo is taller than a man.

Would give you a bit of a headache

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast