+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone Booked Holidays for 2021 Abroad

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Statistics show Brin that at our age you take a far bigger chance climbing onboard a woman.
    I take my time these days...

Seems Turkey have a third wave of Covid-19, so this Country won't get the go ahead
    this year, unless a big improvement.
    We should have been going this Saturday 8th May for 3 weeks, but changed to next year.

Going to start looking for a couple of cruises, for next year though. Usually do the Caribbean Feb time and also celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary so that will be one where we're not with friends.

Apart from the one we have to look forward in October, I'm not sure if we'll get anywhere else abroad this year.
    Last edited by Brin; 06-05-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Seems Turkey have a third wave of Covid-19, so this Country won't get the go ahead
    this year, unless a big improvement.
    We should have been going this Saturday 8th May for 3 weeks, but changed to next year.
    Yet we can have the champions league final there and maybe also let some fans in to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yet we can have the champions league final there and maybe also let some fans in to watch it.
    Correct Grist, could the venue be changed if the Covid-19 is out of control, Turkey are on lockdown now, only
    allowed out to do essential things, such has shopping, chemists, doctors.
    Curfew was on from 7pm to next morning, it was said this week with the lockdown, that the supermarket / shop
    shelves were cleared with panic buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Correct Grist, could the venue be changed if the Covid-19 is out of control, Turkey are on lockdown now, only
    allowed out to do essential things, such has shopping, chemists, doctors.
    Curfew was on from 7pm to next morning, it was said this week with the lockdown, that the supermarket / shop
    shelves were cleared with panic buying.
    It's already been quoted that up to 4,000 fans from both teams will be able to attend.....why?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Going to start looking for a couple of cruises, for next year though. Usually do the Caribbean Feb time and also celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary so that will be one where we're not with friends.

Apart from the one we have to look forward in October, I'm not sure if we'll get anywhere else abroad this year.
    Should be ok for October Brin providing the destination isnt on the red list

One bit of good news, Tui have reduced the airport covid testing fee, to £20, so £40 per person on 2 tests.
    Myself & my wife are doing the rapid flow test at home, do tests twice a week, which is said to be the same
    test as the airport, it was said the test works out at £2 a go, so airport test costs should come further down.
    At one time Tui were going to use 2 firms, one charging £60, another £72, for one test so a big drop.
    People with families can't afford these prices, its just firms trying to fleece the general public.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 06-05-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Should be ok for October Brin providing the destination isnt on the red list
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Sweating on a booking from ages ago to Lanzarote in June day after England v Sri Lanka at Ageas Bowl I’ve got tickets for. Can get refund on all if not allowed to travel. Flights are Avios points.
    Cancelled and now Malta in October

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast