+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine Passports

Vaccine Passports

Whilst those who don’t want the vaccine should be respected as it’s their choice - they can’t have their cake and eat it!

For sure some countries will demand a vaccine passport before entry - the U.K. should be one of them as our open door policy is still laughable when many voted for tougher border controls.

Now large outdoor sports arenas and football stadiums are being asked to look at vaccine passports which I can understand. Whilst I respect anybody who does not want the vaccine - how many would want to sit next to this person very closely if they knew they had not been vaccinated? Not many.

Even shops around where we live now are displaying signs - no entry without a mask and no exemptions because we deliver!!! Can you blame them! I can’t.

Vaccine passports are are great idea and must happen in my opinion.

As long as it’s legal I’ll be insisting that my staff prove they’ve had a vaccine each year.

I’m not having any one person putting me, my wife or any other member of staff at risk.

I see the reasons for and against for vaccine passports, but won’t we reach herd immunity once we’ve vaccinated a certain percentage of the population? Meaning all things can return to some normality? I’m not sure how all of that works, would appreciate someone explain that.

Anyway, one thing is for sure there isn’t a public sector body to produce these passports yet so I’m not sure how all of this is going to be administered. Just what is the gov thinking? It’s crazy. Oh wait.. let give this contract to someone who can do the job. I’m telling you now, this is a huge lucrative contract. Money talks end of the day and every single reason will be given to justify why we need the passport, going as far as making it a law.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I see the reasons for and against for vaccine passports, but won’t we reach herd immunity once we’ve vaccinated a certain percentage of the population? Meaning all things can return to some normality? I’m not sure how all of that works, would appreciate someone explain that.

Anyway, one thing is for sure there isn’t a public sector body to produce these passports yet so I’m not sure how all of this is going to be administered. Just what is the gov thinking? It’s crazy. Oh wait.. let give this contract to someone who can do the job. I’m telling you now, this is a huge lucrative contract. Money talks end of the day and every single reason will be given to justify why we need the passport, going as far as making it a law.
    I agree that the big concern regarding this idea is that a lucrative contract would be given to a government crony; look what a shambles Dildo Harding made of the test and trace, but she did get a lot of money for it! The principle, though, is sound, apart from going to the Albion an my favourite pubs, I am very much looking forward to going to music gigs again and I would like to believe that everyone else there has been vaccinated. Surely, any pub landlord has the right to insist on certain criteria for allowing people on to his premises? A previous landlady of my village pub used to request ID be shown by anyone that she thought might be a pikey, and she was within her rights, so I believe. Just the same for vaccination ‘passports’.

The jab can reduce transmission but not entirely. So as things stand a piece of paper or qr code will only say you have had the jab OR a negative test (for those who are unable to take a jab for various reasons) It doesn't prove you cant still pass on the virus. So what is the point? With variants coming on the scene then the jab could be even less effective.

I agree, Phil, a vaccination passport doesn’t guarantee anything but it could help to keep out those who won’t do their bit to control this virus. As the well known saying goes, ‘Every little helps’!

I’m in favour of them, but I’ve a feeling there will be significant opposition from the ‘freedom of rights’ brigade.
    PS I’m also in favour of identity cards...now there’s another issue. We could kill 2 birds with 1 stone here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I’m in favour of them, but I’ve a feeling there will be significant opposition from the ‘freedom of rights’ brigade.
    PS I’m also in favour of identity cards...now there’s another issue. We could kill 2 birds with 1 stone here ?
    Add to that all DNA taken...... Could have immense benefits in the medical world as well as security and crime.
    But as always whenever we discover something us Humans always find a negative use for it. Nuclear power, great energy source but its first use was a bomb. We could all think of many examples.

People in their thirties and below are way down the vaccination list. A huge swathe of the population who've sacrificed as much as others would effectively be discriminated against with the introduction of Covid passports for the heinous sin of being younger and less vulnerable to the ravages of Covid. Just thought it would be worth bearing in mind.

I agree and would have one no problem, however I don’t think it should be mandatory to carry one, of course employers etc could refuse to deal with you without it, but ultimately our freedom to not carry one if we so desire was hard won by my grandfather’s generation and I would stand by that. Hard won freedoms of speech and action are easy to give away and very hard to regain..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)