+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vaccine Passports

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I agree and would have one no problem, however I don’t think it should be mandatory to carry one, of course employers etc could refuse to deal with you without it, but ultimately our freedom to not carry one if we so desire was hard won by my grandfather’s generation and I would stand by that. Hard won freedoms of speech and action are easy to give away and very hard to regain..

It will be mandatory to enter most countries though and do you blame them! It should also be mandatory to enter the UK.

In terms of businesses - they should be allowed to do what they want i.e you can't work in certain jobs without being vaccinated. Many shops are now dictating - no mask no entry even if you have an exemption because they say - we deliver! To police vaccine passports in shops/pubs though would most likely be logistically impossible.

When football resumes though with limited crowds - I can see passports being required though in this instance and can understand those going back want to be safe.

Vaccine does NOT prevent you getting it or passing it on.It helps reduce the effects

It has been developed in less than a year- its long term side effects are unknown.

The vaccine providers are immune from all legal action

The cases are under-reported as many get it without knowing.

Deaths are over-reported dying with not of C-19.

Thus the max death toll is 120000 some 0.18% of the population and their average age 81.

Estimated economic cost- worst recession for over 300 years plus The educational, other health issues, etc etc. will be there for years

So you think this loss of liberty worth it? so you think the vaccine is the answer?

That's your choice and opinion just wonder what you base it on in the light of the facts not the anecdotes.

Can you skip the abuse and present your facts.

And I'm in a high risk group- old , BP and type 2 diabetes so this is not " I'm all alright Jack" but a genuine concern for the future of the country esp the young and the small business owner.

If you reply FACTS please not ABUSE

Two points.
    Surely saying publicly who has had the jab would be a breach of patient/doctor confidentiality and could open a can of worms with other health issues people might have?
    Secondly, if the vaccine is effective in preventing people becoming seriously ill then it doesn't matter if someone else has had it or not, since they will be the one's most likely to suffer?
    It's a British thing isn't it, always looking to see if someone has something better than themselves, or earns more money, or gets benefits, and snitching.
    I have had the vaccine but I couldn't give a toss who else has it.
    None of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    Vaccine does NOT prevent you getting it or passing it on.It helps reduce the effects

It has been developed in less than a year- its long term side effects are unknown.

The vaccine providers are immune from all legal action

The cases are under-reported as many get it without knowing.

Deaths are over-reported dying with not of C-19.

Thus the max death toll is 120000 some 0.18% of the population and their average age 81.

Estimated economic cost- worst recession for over 300 years plus The educational, other health issues, etc etc. will be there for years

So you think this loss of liberty worth it? so you think the vaccine is the answer?

That's your choice and opinion just wonder what you base it on in the light of the facts not the anecdotes.

Can you skip the abuse and present your facts.

And I'm in a high risk group- old , BP and type 2 diabetes so this is not " I'm all alright Jack" but a genuine concern for the future of the country esp the young and the small business owner.

If you reply FACTS please not ABUSE
    Boardering… no abuse from me just hard facts . Don’t have time to reply to all your proclamations so started with first on your list illustrating how effective the vaccines are. Remember it’s all about stopping people getting really sick needing hospital treatment and losing their lives.
    Honestly the results are stunning 72% efficacious after 1 dose 86% after 2nd dose

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3790399

Conclusion Vaccine effectively prevents both symptomatic and asymptomatic infection in working age adults Cohort was vaccinated when the dominant variant in circulation was B1.1.7. Simply put it DOES stop transmission as well.
    Also
    Public health Scotland Fourth week after first dose, reduced risk of hospitalisation Pfizer, down 84% (n = 650,000) Oxford-AstraZeneca, down 94% (n = 490,000) Combined reduction in over 80s Vaccination associated with 81% reduction in hospitalisation risk in the fourth week

Massive study from Norwich using primary data from Israel with over half a million participants ( probably biggest data set study in history) showing after only ONE SINGLE dose after 21 days a staggering 91% efficacy.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...PwQiDEMEGViTtI

Its fine having an open mind but if its too wide our brains will fall out !

If we are talking about vaccine passports for travelling abroad then I thought that was always the case in times of pandemic.
    I remember when we went to Italy in 1965 we had to have vaccinations before we went. It's down to insurance claims.
    I haven't had a passport for twenty years and have no intention of getting a another. A lot of people who come into this country don't have one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Boardering… no abuse from me just hard facts . Don’t have time to reply to all your proclamations so started with first on your list illustrating how effective the vaccines are. Remember it’s all about stopping people getting really sick needing hospital treatment and losing their lives.
    Honestly the results are stunning 72% efficacious after 1 dose 86% after 2nd dose

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3790399

Conclusion Vaccine effectively prevents both symptomatic and asymptomatic infection in working age adults Cohort was vaccinated when the dominant variant in circulation was B1.1.7. Simply put it DOES stop transmission as well.
    Also
    Public health Scotland Fourth week after first dose, reduced risk of hospitalisation Pfizer, down 84% (n = 650,000) Oxford-AstraZeneca, down 94% (n = 490,000) Combined reduction in over 80s Vaccination associated with 81% reduction in hospitalisation risk in the fourth week

Massive study from Norwich using primary data from Israel with over half a million participants ( probably biggest data set study in history) showing after only ONE SINGLE dose after 21 days a staggering 91% efficacy.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...PwQiDEMEGViTtI

Its fine having an open mind but if its too wide our brains will fall out !

Some good facts there! No abuse from me as it's personal choice who has the vaccine and who declines it! Those that decline it though can't expect roses in the garden ie entering other countries as they used to, or even be in certain jobs where the protection of people is 100%, or shouting at businesses who make up the own rules as it's their premises. Bit like saying shops can't demand that exemptions ( those without masks ) can't enter their premises - they can and many businesses are now doing it with simple signs - no mask no entry including exemptions because we deliver!!

If I had the choice when crowds are let in to football matches again - sit next to a vaccinated person or a non vaccinated person - it's obvious what the choice would be! Just saying...........................

Sold my shares in tin foil for an absolute pittance before the pandemic broke. My timing was typically lousy. Never mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)