+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The questions....

The thing most notable about Notts is that we are so predictable and stuck in our ways.. Our throwings have no purpose or direction, There always seems to be little or no movent from any of the players, which minimises our options. Our free kicks seldomly beat the first man and mostly end up setting up an attack for our opponents.. Corner kicks are a waste of time, we persist with the same routine which hardly ever produces a goal.. I dont know what we do on the training field, but whatever it is but its it not evident during the game.

We need a coach similar to the Chesterfield guy. Someone who can get us to cause problems to the opposition when we have these advantages..

What we need is a manager with imagination.

Someone to shake up who takes free kicks from different places on the field.
    We need someone to show them how to take a throw-in usefully.
    More than one way to set the field to receive a corner.
    How to shape four or five defenders into holding a more or less straight line.
    At the very least someone who can vary our attacking style.

If we could get a manager who can get players to swap their on-field positions during play...no, that's hoping for too much. The Dutch national team used to do it in the '70s but when Notts tried it it was called kick and rush.

All of these can be taught on the training field but will come naturally with experience, that is, experience of actually playing - you don't learn much sitting on a bench except how to get splinters out of your arse.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Time for a Moniz/Ardley management duo then. The best attack AND the best defence. Sort it out Notts!
    The problem with that duo is that they would never agree on new signings.

Maybe we would need someone like Guy Branston to advise on recruitment.

I think it's safe to say Laxton wants Moniz back, guaranteed Dutch flair and open attacking football.

Perhaps weirdly I've always thought Notts are inferior to every opposition when it comes to taking throws in. Such a simple task and concept but we give away possession so often. It used to infuriate me, then it mildly annoyed me, now it just makes me smile.

Like the other excellent thread the OP started not long ago about our style of play, the questions are largely the same. The answers to these questions will never be answered with Ardley in charge as they aren't in his style of play or way he sets up a team. Good thread though but as I say not many answers on here will be seen on the pitch unless we get a new manager. This is not an anti social Ardley post, he just has his way of playing and isn't going to change it.

It’s not just the throw ins either. How many times do we take short free kicks which immediately results in us losing possession. I don’t have a problem with short free kicks but it does need to be mixed up more. Think of Chesterfield away where we score just by delivering a hopeful ball into the opposition penalty box.
    And as for our corner kicks.........!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456