+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Throw ins

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When Stan was in charge I've seen him change his team's formation at least three times in one game and got way above average results with very below average players.

With Sean it's 4-4-2 or nothing, I really have no idea what they coach down at Barnfield, but throw ins and free kicks ain't two of 'em.
    Going off performances I think it must be on a weekly basis as follows:-

4.5 days of defending
    1 hour on hoof ball
    30 minutes on penalties
    20 minutes on passing backwards
    10 minutes on opponents corner kicks
    5 minutes on winning free kicks in opponents half by falling over
    1 minute on shooting
    1 minute on offside rule
    1 minute on throw ins
    1 minute on passing whilst attacking
    1 minute on set pieces
    1 minute on our own corner kicks
    1 minute on movement off the ball
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 25-02-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Ah! The art of catenaccio.

I remember a time when Rory Delap was Stoke City's chief attacking weapon. Our lot can't throw it five yards.
    We couldn't cope with his throw ins, that's for sure, and we weren't the only ones either.

In our first season back in the Premier League with Coyle in charge we had a Tuesday night match against Stoke, so Coyle very craftily moved the advertising hoardings to within about 2 feet from the touchline.

I don't know if anyone else can recall this, but a gap had been left on the halfway line, so Delap just bombed them in from there!

I don’t know about throw ins but I am sure Stan said Burnley would “throw one in” every now and then. We don’t do that anymore of course we just play cr*p every once in a while. That is La Difference and Vive it I say.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I don’t know about throw ins but I am sure Stan said Burnley would “throw one in” every now and then. We don’t do that anymore of course we just play cr*p every once in a while. That is La Difference and Vive it I say.
    Him and Colin really f**king hated each other.

In our first season back in the Premier League with Coyle in charge we had a Tuesday night match against Stoke, so Coyle very craftily moved the advertising hoardings to within about 2 feet from the touchline.

I don't know if anyone else can recall this, but a gap had been left on the halfway line, so Delap just bombed them in from there!
    BT ---it was Brian Laws who was in charge then ---Wednesday 10 March 2010 and we drew 1-1 with David Nugent getting our goal.
    They actually scored from a Delap throw in which was headed on and Tuncay scored from 6 yards!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    It's not rocket science is it finding space..Another thing as well I'd we very rarely take quick throw ins.. Alto was moaning about the throw ins as well during the match on Saturday saying just what goes on down at Gawthorpe. Makes you wonder.hmm
    We have no pace Alf that’s why we don’t take quick throws , we’re slow or slower sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT ---it was Brian Laws who was in charge then ---Wednesday 10 March 2010 and we drew 1-1 with David Nugent getting our goal.
    They actually scored from a Delap throw in which was headed on and Tuncay scored from 6 yards!
    I stand corrected Supersub6. Not much gets past you mate!

I stand corrected Supersub6. Not much gets past you mate!
    Of course not, Accrington Grammar School Old Boy. They should never have abolished them, Sub is living, walking proof of that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)