+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stroke ...... worst FFF...ing game of the season

Stroke ...... worst FFF...ing game of the season

Game lasted 95 minutes with the football played lasting 3 minutes.
    And those 3 minutes were played by Barnsley.
    Nothing at all from Stoke.

Our defence was immense dealing with the attempts by Stoke to knock the ball over the top.
    Those outside the ground will have seen more of the ball than the grass on the field.

Calm daarn Nudger man lol, we've dun em comfy well 2-0. No probs!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Calm daarn Nudger man lol, we've dun em comfy well 2-0. No probs!!.
    ‘Barnsley’ and ‘Calm Down’ cannot be said in the same sentence.

Whatever happens from tonight's position doesn't matter .

Absolutely nobody saw this coming and I think we should acknowledge that .

Having a reight run for our money and I think that's the best way to look at this .

There's no pressure on the lads , none what so ever .

Enjoying the ride to be honest .

Simple as that .

Just watched the Sky highlights.
    And I’ll tell thi what .....
    the Styles goal was good ....... but the movement from Dike and the pass from Chaplin for the second was top top class.
    Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ‘Barnsley’ and ‘Calm Down’ cannot be said in the same sentence.
    It can be tonight though cant it kid lol.
    Hey we just might be onto summat special this season, who knows ehh.

I watched the whole game and although we are not producing classics at the moment we are fighting and making good teams at this level look worse than ordinary!
    Styles, Helik and Andersen were great tonight, Palmer is streets ahead of Kane and if I was Kane I would be worried that when Palmer came off he brought on Halme!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I watched the whole game and although we are not producing classics at the moment we are fighting and making good teams at this level look worse than ordinary!
    Styles, Helik and Andersen were great tonight, Palmer is streets ahead of Kane and if I was Kane I would be worried that when Palmer came off he brought on Halme!

Totally agree Perks but the Halme sub was a tactical change. Kane has come in fo some stick (pardon the pun) but I think there's a good player there. Time will tell.

Even though it wasn’t a great game their were some positives tonight.
    Dike got his first goal with his first chance since arriving, our opponents were restricted to one shot on target, Stoke had kept 3 clean sheets in their last 4 games and couldn’t keep us out, at times our movement off the ball was quality, we are unbeaten in 6 games conceding 3 goals and keeping 3 clean sheets, we now have a positive goal difference, we have a squad with depth.
    Also don’t forget Norwich are 7 points clear in this league and in the cup they were made to look Sh1t as we knocked them out without them having a shot on target, we then went out to Chelsea who we should have beat!!!
    2 more points and we can relax but after that looking at the games we have to play there is nobody we can’t beat? If we win our game in hand we will be 9 points off automatic promotion never mind the play off’s!
    Having said that I still think it would’nt benefit us going up this season, although it would be nice to go back to Oakwell for the first game against Dirty Leeds in the Premier League!
    Last edited by perkytyke; 24-02-2021 at 10:41 PM.