+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T:- Children's Television Memories

Bat Masterson
    How
    And my 2 favourites Daniel Boone and Rin Tin Tin.

Some really specific Dr who refs there.

Mine would be genesis of the daleks

Mine in general are:

Blake's 7
    Day of the triffids
    V
    Star trek

Always been a sci fi fan I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    OK, I'll start, who remembers 'The White Horses'?
    So that's where the tune came from.

Saturday was always Tiswas day. Is it sad that I still remember the post code for the studio? I have introduced my New Zealand kids to the wonders of Spit the Dog, the dying fly and Lenny Henry at his peak. And Frank Carson of course. Shame you can't find much on Youtube.

Had DVDs sent over of old favourites of mine, the Clangers, Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Camberwick Green etc. The kids looked at the screen, looked at me, looked at the TV again and then walked out. They were bad. Don't ruin your memories by watching the old stuff.

Nobody has mentioned Swap Shop. I only mention it cos a few months ago a friend in Queenstown said she bumped into someone who so looked like Noel Edmonds. She did not know he had moved to NZ and it was actually him. Fat spotty bloke was not in tow, and I don't mean Cheggers.

Crackerjack.

CRACKERJACk

you beat me to Muffin the Mule uysapie but same here no tele until Redifusion when i was 17
    same as Old_pie two streets a way. I 'm a brass band enthusiasts and was driving faster than normal to William Tell overture and always think of that 9 inch tele loved radio Dick Barton 6-45 pm on week days as streets cleared for all kids used to listen

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Crikey, Tingha and Tucker - I'd really forgotten that. Brilliant.
    My earliest memory is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon which went by the name of ATOM ANT. No-one I know can remember it, but it did happen... Google says so.
    We used to replace the T's with F's in Tingha and Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    So that's where the tune came from.

Saturday was always Tiswas day. Is it sad that I still remember the post code for the studio?
    Yep, I can still rattle of the address. "Tiswas, ATV Land, Birmingham B1 2JP". I was watching it from the early days (1975) when Peter Tomlinson (the ATV announcer) was presenting it all the way through to the end when Gordon Astley and Den Heggarty took over whilst Tarrant and Lenny Henry did the late night "OTT". Then they replaced it with the abysmal "Saturday Starship" hosted by Bonnie Langford!!! Summers on Saturday mornings were rough when they only showed old films and black & white American TV shows, Granada TV eventually stepped in with "The Mersey Pirate" (with Scully and Mooey) and then "Fun Factory", which were pretty good, then it was "Number 73" with Sandi Toksvig.

Ha ha old pie when wife started at boots print one of the managers asked a very innocent and naive 15 year old to ask Mike Hunt to go to his office only told me this 2 years ago was then told he hadn't arrived and to do it again she couldn't understand she said why every one was laughing bet you could not /dear not do that now to youngsters starting work

Quote Originally Posted by cypruspie View Post
    you beat me to Muffin the Mule uysapie but same here no tele until Redifusion when i was 17
    same as Old_pie two streets a way. I 'm a brass band enthusiasts and was driving faster than normal to William Tell overture and always think of that 9 inch tele loved radio Dick Barton 6-45 pm on week days as streets cleared for all kids used to listen
    I'd forgotten about Redifusion. Never had it. Blimey everyone could have had high speed fibre broadband if they hadn't ripped it out.

Do you remember the parachutes you could make with a hanky size piece of cloth, a bit of string and a stone, invariable caught up on the Redifusion cables.

It is interesting what memories this thread brings back and it's good to be reminded of Roy Rogers and Rin Tin Tin - also just looked up and that dog was a real one.

All this before the nightmare of becoming an NCFC supporter he, the age of innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We used to replace the T's with F's in Tingha and Tucker.
    Brilliant

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456