+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Going down under Fatsos one and two.

Going down under Fatsos one and two.

There's one consolation about going down under Fatsoownwer/Fatsomanager and that is that there is no stigma attached to it as there would be if we dropped with a decent team, manager and owner.

It’s an unreal situation where some of our support are hoping we lose in order to get rid of the owner (Bruce would follow).

SDFC: anti-football on and off the pitch.

The owner has not left after being relegated twice before. I doubt he would lower his price when we go down. No buyer will pay £300,000,000 for a Championship team.

Isn't it the same as always with Ashley?

He will only sell the club with the Premier League status attached, so that he can get the highest market value and thus highest price possible.

Meanwhile, he will spend a minimal amount for the club to operate and stay afloat at this level; the managing director, staff, manager and players are all, with a few exceptions, among the lowest paid in the league from what I know.

If we do get relegated, he will the take the club off the market (maybe not officially but I do not believe it will be for sale) and invest in getting us back up relatively safely. Then start all over again.

Bringing in Rafa was genius on his behalf - then he could say to his media friends; "Look --> I tried!"

Not letting Rafa spend money and develop the team is something that is not mentioned often, of course...

It all makes sense.

The only thing that puzzles me if why he hasn't sacked Bruce yet, even with Ashley's mindset I would have done that to protect the asset.

Maybe he is looking at the table thinking we will make it. I think he's wrong, but I guess he could be right.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Isn't it the same as always with Ashley?

The only thing that puzzles me if why he hasn't sacked Bruce yet, even with Ashley's mindset I would have done that to protect the asset.

Maybe he is looking at the table thinking we will make it. I think he's wrong, but I guess he could be right.
    We might ask, what has Ashley done in almost 14 years to either protect or develop "his" asset.

That's my thinking too. I think it's ***** for the future of our club that we don't go down this season if the takeover is to have any chance at all.

This being Newcastle, however, you know how this will play out:

Either we get relegated but the takeover obstacles are removed (either the PL and the Saudis resolve their differences or the EFL have a different standard) but fatso doesn't lower his pprice

or, we stay up but the PL refuse to sanction it and the court case fades away.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    We might ask, what has Ashley done in almost 14 years to either protect or develop "his" asset.
    I think he's earned a lot of money + the club is worth a lot more than when he took over.

I think he burned his fingers with the overpaid underachievers that were at our club during his first full season when we got relegated.

Changed his strategy after that. Remember, we started investing in much cheaper foreign players with the aim of selling them on.

I'm not saying he has been smart about it, nor am I giving him credit as I think he's daft and morally corrupt, but his investment has not been bad business for him.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post

I doubt he is looking at the table, I don't think he's paying that much attention.

Think he's relying on Charnley to keep him in the loop and Charnley is listening to Bruce who is telling him it's fine and we'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I doubt he is looking at the table, I don't think he's paying that much attention.

Think he's relying on Charnley to keep him in the loop and Charnley is listening to Bruce who is telling him it's fine and we'll be ok.
    To be honest I see Ashley and Charnley as the same person. Same interests, same (lack of) ambition, same cluelessness.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)