+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Millers v Reading (15:00) Saturday

Good memory mate. It was me. I lived in Reading from 11-16 years old and went to Elm Park in the Trevor Senior days.

My mum is still a season ticket holder at Reading but no divided loyalties for me. Just want the Rotherham win.

I think 3 at the back and a midfielder up front is restricting us to set up negatively. I’d like to see us go for this game with a 4,2,3,1 formation with wing, Barlaser and crooks as the 3 playing just in front of wiles and S Mac with smith leading the line.

A very adaptable and fluid formation with players on their natural positions. We really do have to get out of this rotten run.

Get your cap on the sun will be out

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Good memory mate. It was me. I lived in Reading from 11-16 years old and went to Elm Park in the Trevor Senior days.

My mum is still a season ticket holder at Reading but no divided loyalties for me. Just want the Rotherham win.

I think 3 at the back and a midfielder up front is restricting us to set up negatively. I’d like to see us go for this game with a 4,2,3,1 formation with wing, Barlaser and crooks as the 3 playing just in front of wiles and S Mac with smith leading the line.

A very adaptable and fluid formation with players on their natural positions. We really do have to get out of this rotten run.
    I think we might be forced into a formation change due to the Loss of two CB,s.
    Harding could play there but then there's no cover if one gets injured during the match and there won't be a proper defender playing the LB position.

442 perhaps or a variation if it

Vickers MUST start this game

Yeah with Lamy on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post

I think if we’d have avoided defeat against Forest we would have felt a little better. I wouldn’t call it a rotten run. If you break it down. Maybe Norwich aside (and even then we could have got a point) there was nothing in the other 3 games. Conditions in last 20 mins v Cardiff were shocking and the wind controlled the game v Forest. Bournemouth were poor yet, as with Cardiff and Forest , the luck we had at Preston deserted us. Very fine margins.
    Looking at tomorrow, Reading have also had injury problems. Swift is out long term but for me their best player (Meite) looks like he will be fit to play tomorrow after missing the last 5-6 games. They missed a penalty at Wycombe also.

As I say, very fine margins.

Could do worse than Vickers & Lamy. Cooper as well. Flo been a waste of a loan signing. I've said on here Warney has his band of brothers then rest feel like outsiders. Giles Warney's got him now feeling not part of it so his performances suffer. Clarke Flo Hirst should be nowhere near the 1st team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I think if we’d have avoided defeat against Forest we would have felt a little better. I wouldn’t call it a rotten run. If you break it down. Maybe Norwich aside (and even then we could have got a point) there was nothing in the other 3 games. Conditions in last 20 mins v Cardiff were shocking and the wind controlled the game v Forest. Bournemouth were poor yet, as with Cardiff and Forest , the luck we had at Preston deserted us. Very fine margins.
    Looking at tomorrow, Reading have also had injury problems. Swift is out long term but for me their best player (Meite) looks like he will be fit to play tomorrow after missing the last 5-6 games. They missed a penalty at Wycombe also.

As I say, very fine margins.
    Yeah it’s not greatly worded ‘rotten run’ more of a rut. We could’ve maybe should’ve taken sommat from all four of those loses but forest was a bit of a wake up call. We was mostly one dimensional and didn’t take responsibility on the ball.
    I’m not sure what Sadlier could add so I’d prefer a re-jig of the formation and tactics rather than too many changes.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Could do worse than Vickers & Lamy. Cooper as well. Flo been a waste of a loan signing. I've said on here Warney has his band of brothers then rest feel like outsiders. Giles Warney's got him now feeling not part of it so his performances suffer. Clarke Flo Hirst should be nowhere near the 1st team.
    OK so we go with Lamy tomorrow then, along with Cooper who's never played a league game. All we need is to sign an uncontracted Bailey-King and we're away.

With the fairies.

Considering PW reckons Reading’s strength is their speed, I hope our lot have had a rest in the last couple of days.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast