+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers v Reading (15:00) Saturday

I wonder what flavour he likes.

Warne on Viktor Johansson…

“I’ve always liked Viktor (Johansson) and I’ve always liked Jam (Jamal Blackman) as well, it’s just that Viktor has had his opportunity recently.

“I think he has really grown into his season, I ask my goalkeepers to be a little bit on the edge and if they make a mistake that is on me.

“We ask a lot of them kicking-wise as well and his kicking was really good and all my goalkeepers are good characters.

“His character really suits this football club and he gives himself a chance by being the best he can be every day.

“Viktor’s performance have been backed by really good performances infront of him.”

He’s using jaded again

Warne on the performances of his midfielders…

“With a back three and especially against teams who can pin you back a bit, the midfield four have a real responsibility.

“We’ve had about 15 hours on a bus in the last six days and played games full out against good football sides and it does take its toll.

“We were speaking as staff and we were saying jaded we were as well, so I’m really pleased with their efforts.

“Massive credit goes to Ross (Burbeary) our Head of Performance, we try to make our group as fit as they can be and that is why pre-season to us is fundamental.”

Wing reminds me of Frecks.

Warne on Lewis Wing…

“I really like him, he’s obviously got an energy about him and he can run all day. He’s got a great footballing brain and always seems to be in the right place.

“We need to get him into the positions to let his peg go because he’s definitely got goals in him.

"I’m really please with how he’s settled in and I think he’s a really good addition to our midfield.”

Warne on Reading…

“Technically and athletically they are really good, I think they have one of the paciest teams in the league.

“That is how they get you, on the counter attack. They kill you with kindness in a sense because you think you’re doing really well against them and then they break and score.

“It is no surprise to me that they are in the top six, because as well as we played at their place, they were very ruthless with their finishing. I’d be surprised if they don’t finish in the top six.”

Rest of interview including injured players on way back

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...ss-highlights/

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I posted this on the wrong thread earlier but couldn’t delete it so have copied onto here.

have seen Reading reports that Meite might be available for them on Saturday.
    Although I wish the lad no ill, it’s typical that they recover just in time to play us. Swift is definitely out though. Just hope we can get Lindsay fit soon as he is key for us in the engine room.

On the subject of Reading I hear that Mick Gooding is a summariser for BBC Berkshire. Speaking about key midfielders this lad was great for us and our opponents Reading.
    He played 258 games for us between 1979 and 1987 scoring 43 goals and played 314 times for Reading between 1989 and 1997 scoring 26 goals.

He now runs his own estate agency business in the Reading area.
    We could do with a player like Mickey Gooding now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    We could do with a player like Mickey Gooding now.
    Can you still get a bubble perm in Rotherham?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Can you still get a bubble perm in Rotherham?
    Yes, that’s why in every photo you see of Paul Warne he’s wearing a bobble hat

The weather forecast is for perfect conditions,it makes a change to the extremes we have had lately.

Didn't someone on here used to watch Reading on a regular basis when they were younger.
    Divided loyalties tomorrow?

Might have been Scum...apologies if it wasn't you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast