+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ot reasons to cheer up

Ot reasons to cheer up

First day of spring. And it's wear your daffy day.

Nothing to do with Wales then?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    First day of spring. And it's wear your daffy day.
    Strictly speaking that's March 20th and March 1st so nothing to cheer about yet

I once went to a dinner at the Phoenix rooms at Templeborough for a local sport awards shindig. One if our lot complained that the dish of spring onions in the centre of the table were a bit bitter. Until it was pointed out to him they were daffodils.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Strictly speaking that's March 20th and March 1st so nothing to cheer about yet
    Crash was never good with Calendars.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I once went to a dinner at the Phoenix rooms at Templeborough for a local sport awards shindig. One if our lot complained that the dish of spring onions in the centre of the table were a bit bitter. Until it was pointed out to him they were daffodils.
    The yellow head never gave a clue then?

I once talked a load of people in the Joker about daffs being edible , which they are.
    It was someone's birthday all tables had a vase full on. Thinking that was summat else for nowt, they all tucked in. To excess.
    20 mins later the bogs were full of lads chucking up.
    🤣

FAO Crash...When does spring start and end?
    These seasons are split to coincide with our Gregorian calendar, making it easier for meteorological observing and forecasting to compare seasonal and monthly statistics. By the meteorological calendar, spring will always start on 1 March; ending on 31 May.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    i once talked a load of people in the joker about daffs being edible , which they are.
    It was someone's birthday all tables had a vase full on. Thinking that was summat else for nowt, they all tucked in. To excess.
    20 mins later the bogs were full of lads chucking up.
    ��
    .....anybody claim the nickname 'Flower'?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Blimey, this brings back memories of our annual dinner and dance there. Are the Phoenix Rooms still there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast