+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had a glance at pravda

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    A long suffering core support once defiant now deflated and shrinking year on year.
    Like many others I will hand over my season ticket money again this year hoping things change for the better without any sense of pride, belonging or real belief that it will.
    Pride and belonging.....something I've banged on about for a decade or so now.

Small things help the bigger things.

I honestly think playing in a tip dosent help the mindset at the club.....the park used to be an oasis within a tip.....not anymore.

I think when fans are let in.....doubt it will be next season.....the club are in for a shock.

The "zero interest" and apathy in the 40 to 60 age group is astonishing and I think a sizeable number are glad they are nowhere near Dens.

Pride and belonging......I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Pride and belonging.....something I've banged on about for a decade or so now.

Small things help the bigger things.

I honestly think playing in a tip dosent help the mindset at the club.....the park used to be an oasis within a tip.....not anymore.

I think when fans are let in.....doubt it will be next season.....the club are in for a shock.

The "zero interest" and apathy in the 40 to 60 age group is astonishing and I think a sizeable number are glad they are nowhere near Dens.

Pride and belonging......I like that.
    Not being allowed in is just the perfect excuse to break the habit of turning up no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Team selection is the least of it.

Sure it’s tough with Covid etc but come on, we’ve been sleepwalking this for a a few years. Failure to maximise impact of utds relegation, then helping them be promoted was criminal. I’ve been in the seat, and I took a lot of criticism, but frankly he just doesn’t know what he’s doing.
    I appreciate your comments hmac. I agree that John Nelms is not going to change. It is a concern and I had thought perhaps that McPake might be encouraged to step into the role. I know he is very much distrusted as a manager of the club but he does care about our club and perhaps if he stepped up to the challenge of speaking directly to the fans some good might come of it.

There does not appear to be anyone else who might liaise with the fan base. It is an important role and as has been amply demonstrated by the way there appears to be little effort to engage with the support. I don't know if there are arrangements for DSA. Perhaps someone could comment about that. Dee4Life struggles to be included.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I appreciate your comments hmac. I agree that John Nelms is not going to change. It is a concern and I had thought perhaps that McPake might be encouraged to step into the role. I know he is very much distrusted as a manager of the club but he does care about our club and perhaps if he stepped up to the challenge of speaking directly to the fans some good might come of it.

There does not appear to be anyone else who might liaise with the fan base. It is an important role and as has been amply demonstrated by the way there appears to be little effort to engage with the support. I don't know if there are arrangements for DSA. Perhaps someone could comment about that. Dee4Life struggles to be included.
    DSA is run by a Nelms puppet so anything he says will be right out of Nelms' mouth and not an honest transcript of any discussions.

Dee4Life is finished and Nelms has never been prepared to communicate with them since an incident involving one of the DFCSS board members that cost the club money and face.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Not being allowed in is just the perfect excuse to break the habit of turning up no matter what
    Here's where I am, will I walk Doon to my dad's on Tuesday to watch game, unlikely 30/70 ...and my dad's is warmer than Dens, better food and drink and nobody sitting next to you with a pie covered in tomato sauce.

If I want to gripe, snarl and moan at the tv for an hour I cud just watch channel 4 news.

Here's where I am, will I walk Doon to my dad's on Tuesday to watch game, unlikely 30/70 ...and my dad's is warmer than Dens, better food and drink and nobody sitting next to you with a pie covered in tomato sauce.

If I want to gripe, snarl and moan at the tv for an hour I cud just watch channel 4 news.
    The pie covered in tomato sauce is an aberration and is something that should not be allowed in any football ground.

Ban tomato sauce, it's just so wrong.

I'll watch the game on Tuesday out of some strange and misplaced loyalty. I won't get into it or excited about it, I won't celebrate our goals and I won't be too pi55ed off when ICT score. I'll do what I have for the last few games and sit there apathetic wishing it was all over. My wife will say 'and you bought a season ticket to watch that?' and I'll reply 'I won't be getting one next season', this time though I'll really mean it.

After the game I'll go on TDB and whinge for a bit then I'll go to bed. Win, lose or draw by the time I waken up on Wednesday I'll have forgotten all about it, the way most of the games from this season and last have been erased from my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'll watch the game on Tuesday out of some strange and misplaced loyalty. I won't get into it or excited about it, I won't celebrate our goals and I won't be too pi55ed off when ICT score. I'll do what I have for the last few games and sit there apathetic wishing it was all over. My wife will say 'and you bought a season ticket to watch that?' and I'll reply 'I won't be getting one next season', this time though I'll really mean it.

After the game I'll go on TDB and whinge for a bit then I'll go to bed. Win, lose or draw by the time I waken up on Wednesday I'll have forgotten all about it, the way most of the games from this season and last have been erased from my memory.
    Would you leave the house to watch it?

Yes. Should be a great game. Crowd bouncing to be back at a football match and an exciting new lineup with guys who can score goals. Also chance to welcome back lovable legend Neil McCann. What's not to like?

Would you leave the house to watch it?
    I have a season ticket so would probably have dragged myself along.

If I didn't have a season ticket I doubt it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)