+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a glance at pravda

Had a glance at pravda

I shouldn't have.

The preferred route thru playoffs thread!!!

Am I watching a different team?

Preferred route 😂......getting to them and not being humiliated would be a bonus.

Any spl team would pump us over 2 legs, raith, pars, Ayr, Morton....we would struggle big time to get thru 4 games.

Need to be in 2nd place.

We seem to sign players that are good in other teams but as soon as they become Dundee players their standard of play goes backwards.
    It could be that the manager is playing them out of their preferred position.
    What has happened to Mullen. People are posting that he has been playing badly. I thought that he was a good player and he would score plenty of goals for us.
    I would have kept Declan McDaid. Blair Spittal who was on loan at Partick Thistle has returned to Ross County and last Sunday evening was playing against Celtic because of Partick Thistle’s inaction.
    We should be doing the same with Declan McDaid and play with two wingers. McDaid on the left wing amd McMullen on the right wing.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    We seem to sign players that are good in other teams but as soon as they become Dundee players their standard of play goes backwards.
    It could be that the manager is playing them out of their preferred position.
    What has happened to Mullen. People are posting that he has been playing badly. I thought that he was a good player and he would score plenty of goals for us.
    I would have kept Declan McDaid. Blair Spittal who was on loan at Partick Thistle has returned to Ross County and last Sunday evening was playing against Celtic because of Partick Thistle’s inaction.
    We should be doing the same with Declan McDaid and play with two wingers. McDaid on the left wing amd McMullen on the right wing.
    Agree with 2 wingers.

Apathy is still growing within the general DFC unit
    some fans have tried to get engagement to no avail,"its not the American way" seemingly.

the "its not the American way" (or very similar words) is the most single worrying aspect iv heard since admin.

surely the american way cant be just sitting on their hands hoping things get better,cus if it is they need to realise very quickly that teams just love to get one over us.

You make your own luck in Scottish football just as you make your own downfall.

Mcpake shouldv been emptied months months ago and the yanks shouldv engaged with the fans years ago,what could be harder than preaching to the already converted??????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Apathy is still growing within the general DFC unit
    some fans have tried to get engagement to no avail,"its not the American way" seemingly.

the "its not the American way" (or very similar words) is the most single worrying aspect iv heard since in admin.

surely the american way cant be just sitting on their hands hoping things get better,cus if it is they need to realise very quickly that teams just love to get one over us.

You make your own luck in Scottish football just as you make your own downfall.

Mcpake shouldv been emptied months months ago and the yanks shouldv engaged with the fans years ago,what could be harder than preaching to the already converted??????????????????
    Mr Nelms is never going to speak to a room of people who know the subject he’s talking about. Very rarely have a I though just close the doors and move on!

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Mr Nelms is never going to speak to a room of people who know the subject he’s talking about. Very rarely have a I though just close the doors and move on!
    Particularly when he himself has little knowledge of the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Agree with you about john Nelms not being willing to talk about the football. It seems to me that we should be trying to encourage James McPake to do that. He's the guy who is calling all the shots as far as team selection , tewam formation and team tactics. Tyhat's the area that seems to be so much discussed by the fans. Ok so charlie Adam was missing late on in the week. He did a straight repklacement, robertson was our playmaker protege before charlie artrived so fair play to him for getting his place back. Like for like, you know it's not really that but at least it was the understudy getting the gig. why not play Walcot? why persist with Mcgowan, and why not address all the criticism of how lopsided our attack has been for quite some time.

Eventually he brings on Anderson for Robertson, and Mullan for Sow and McDaid for Byrne and surprise surprise we get 2 gaools, coming from behind each time. Why not start with that team? I'd like an expolanation, and it isn't going to come from John Nelms.

A long suffering core support once defiant now deflated and shrinking year on year.
    Like many others I will hand over my season ticket money again this year hoping things change for the better without any sense of pride, belonging or real belief that it will.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Agree with you about john Nelms not being willing to talk about the football. It seems to me that we should be trying to encourage James McPake to do that. He's the guy who is calling all the shots as far as team selection , tewam formation and team tactics. Tyhat's the area that seems to be so much discussed by the fans. Ok so charlie Adam was missing late on in the week. He did a straight repklacement, robertson was our playmaker protege before charlie artrived so fair play to him for getting his place back. Like for like, you know it's not really that but at least it was the understudy getting the gig. why not play Walcot? why persist with Mcgowan, and why not address all the criticism of how lopsided our attack has been for quite some time.

Eventually he brings on Anderson for Robertson, and Mullan for Sow and McDaid for Byrne and surprise surprise we get 2 gaools, coming from behind each time. Why not start with that team? I'd like an expolanation, and it isn't going to come from John Nelms.
    Team selection is the least of it.

Sure it’s tough with Covid etc but come on, we’ve been sleepwalking this for a a few years. Failure to maximise impact of utds relegation, then helping them be promoted was criminal. I’ve been in the seat, and I took a lot of criticism, but frankly he just doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)