+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face Masks

Face Masks

You just have to laugh, this is from the NHS website last March.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/03/n...e-news-online/

NHS takes action against corona virus fake news

"Health Secretary Matt Hancock said: “Today’s actions are another important step so members of the public can access reliable, accurate health information, which is more crucial than ever as we continue our response to coronavirus.

“These changes will ensure the latest trusted NHS guidance sits at the very top of Google search lists, so people can be reassured they are reading official, up-to-date Government advice.

“Public safety is our top priority and we are harnessing digital tools to reach millions of people on more than 250 conditions they are searching for – including coronavirus – helping tackle misinformation and ensuring the public is well informed to take control of their health.”

Last week the Advertising Standards Authority also took action to ban two face mask adverts which were “likely to cause fear” and made “misleading” claims about their ability to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Tara Donnelly, chief digital officer at NHSX, said: “One of NHSX’s key missions is to ensure that the public are provided with accurate health information so they can be confident they are following official NHS advice.

“By making NHS website content free to use for third party organisations, we are ensuring that more people get NHS advice when they search online rather than from one of the many other sources; some with guidance that isn’t right for the UK, and some that just aren’t right.”

So last March, adverts claiming masks offered protection against Covid was FAKE NEWS and misleading according to the NHS, now we have to wear them to save the planet. I think they're taking the piss.
    Last edited by sinkov; 25-02-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You just have to laugh, this is from the NHS website last March.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/03/n...e-news-online/

NHS takes action against corona virus fake news

"Health Secretary Matt Hancock said: “Today’s actions are another important step so members of the public can access reliable, accurate health information, which is more crucial than ever as we continue our response to coronavirus.

“These changes will ensure the latest trusted NHS guidance sits at the very top of Google search lists, so people can be reassured they are reading official, up-to-date Government advice.

“Public safety is our top priority and we are harnessing digital tools to reach millions of people on more than 250 conditions they are searching for – including coronavirus – helping tackle misinformation and ensuring the public is well informed to take control of their health.”

Last week the Advertising Standards Authority also took action to ban two face mask adverts which were “likely to cause fear” and made “misleading” claims about their ability to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Tara Donnelly, chief digital officer at NHSX, said: “One of NHSX’s key missions is to ensure that the public are provided with accurate health information so they can be confident they are following official NHS advice.

“By making NHS website content free to use for third party organisations, we are ensuring that more people get NHS advice when they search online rather than from one of the many other sources; some with guidance that isn’t right for the UK, and some that just aren’t right.”

So last March, adverts claiming masks offered protection against Covid was FAKE NEWS and misleading according to the NHS, now we have to wear them to save the planet. I think they're taking the piss.
    Taking the piss sinkov?

Project Fear is now so far out of hand people out walking their dogs are masked up.

Sole drivers can be spotted in every third car with a face mask on.

How long will this f**king madness continue?

Why do people wear face masks in cars etc when they are driving alone.. Lunacy..

Last August we were staying in the Lakes up near Grasmere, a few small gites and a car park. It was right out in the middle of nowhere, a young couple came out of one of the gites one morning, put their masks on and walked 20 yards to their car in the car park, then took them off and got into their car. They were in god's own countryside, in the open air, no one else in sight.

You tell me

Er indoors is really tuned in regarding the Corona Virus response.She has asked me to wear one in bed.....

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Er indoors is really tuned in regarding the Corona Virus response.She has asked me to wear one in bed.....
    Matching hood and handcuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Would that be a gimp mask CIB ..lol

This arrived on the Daily Telegraph website at 7.03 tonight.

"Coronavirus latest news: UK to move Covid alert level down from five to four as hospitalisations fall. The risk of the NHS being overwhelmed within 21 days "has receded," according to the UK's four chief medical officers."

According to the GOV.UK website hospitalisations in England peaked on January 12th, over SIX weeks ago at 4,134. The numbers going into hospitals has been falling ever since, and the latest updated figure is for Monday this week at 980, less than a quarter of what it was six weeks ago. But it's only today that the Mad Scientists of Sage have conceded that the NHS is no longer in any imminent danger. You'd hope, the speed these clowns move at, that they never worked in A&E, but really they're just taking the piss aren't they, the NHS has not been in any danger of being overwhelmed for well over a month now, but they love their Lockdowns these lads, they won't give up on it easily.

The next storm in a teacup will be over the schools reopening.

My son-in-law (ex-Regimental Sergeant Major) says my grandkids will not be having "no swabs". I would not care to be the one to argue with him.

Sometime when I see people with masks ,even my friends I do not recognise them at first ....is it the age thing ?

....She has asked me to wear one in bed..... well change is as good as a rest !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)