+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mbs

Mbs

Not trying to trigger anyone. This is number 2 trending on Twitter.

Anyone likely to get vexed at this thread. Save your energy and and don’t bother reading.

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1...497571328?s=21

Do you think the above news means all bets are off with regards to the Takeover going through?

Dunno, man. Firstly, I wouldn't believe anything the US intelligence agency says because they've got agendas coming out of their arses. Secondly, the PIF argument was that they were separate from the crown prince, wasn't it?

For me, even if true, it's still the issue of where do your morals start/stop and how much it's down to football fans to take a stand. If we don't ignore thiis, why do we ignore all the other heinous crimes or appalling practices commited/pursued a lot closer to home?

I'm still 100% behind the takeover. Whether or not this will prevent it, I just don't know but the PL were running scared of the Qataris and the whole tv piracy not the ethics of who wanted to buy us so I think that's the bigger obstacle.

I don't want that @sshole owning our club just as much as I don't want the current @sshole owner to own our club.

I can vouch for neither of them.

Makes me laugh that Ben Arfa is outraged by MBS and is all over an American report. Has he put his moral compass down for the day. This is America with more blood on its hands in foreign lands than any other country, this is America with more gun crime on its shores than most countries and this is the country that still has the death penalty. Surely all these things are against what he stands for and has rammed down our throats time after time on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Dunno, man. Firstly, I wouldn't believe anything the US intelligence agency says because they've got agendas coming out of their arses. Secondly, the PIF argument was that they were separate from the crown prince, wasn't it?

For me, even if true, it's still the issue of where do your morals start/stop and how much it's down to football fans to take a stand. If we don't ignore thiis, why do we ignore all the other heinous crimes or appalling practices commited/pursued a lot closer to home?

I'm still 100% behind the takeover. Whether or not this will prevent it, I just don't know but the PL were running scared of the Qataris and the whole tv piracy not the ethics of who wanted to buy us so I think that's the bigger obstacle.
    True, I don’t trust the CIA given their long and bloody list of imperialist foreign interventions. However, multiple intelligence agencies have come to the same conclusion, including the Turks themselves.

Aye EPL cow towing to Qatar is the reason it all fell apart. I feel like this recent development somehow might be even more of a hindrance to the takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    Not trying to trigger anyone. This is number 2 trending on Twitter.

Anyone likely to get vexed at this thread. Save your energy and and don’t bother reading.

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1...497571328?s=21

Do you think the above news means all bets are off with regards to the Takeover going through?
    it wont impact the takeover one bit.
    the whole point of the arbitration process we are currently involved in, is not to get it completed, it is purely to establish that the PL did not follow their own rules in the first place and also to establish that MBS is not involved with the PIF and they are indeed separate to the Saudi state. Once proven they acted in a manner that showed bias and exception to the rules, they are fecked.
    Then they don't have a leg to stand on. PIF can come back and it gets done.
    MBS isn't named on the board or anything, their highest court sent written document proving that MBS wont be getting involved etc etc
    The EPL ignored it and acted illegally and broke anti competition laws as well as their own rules

MBS could rape and murder 100 women tomorrow and it wont have any bearing on the takeover.

I dont want MBS anywhere near our club, hes evil as ****, but so are the Qatari's and all the gulf states but NONE of them are as guilty of murder and corruption than the good old USA

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    I dont want MBS anywhere near our club, hes evil as ****, but so are the Qatari's and all the gulf states but NONE of them are as guilty of murder and corruption than the good old USA

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    it wont impact the takeover one bit.
    the whole point of the arbitration process we are currently involved in, is not to get it completed, it is purely to establish that the PL did not follow their own rules in the first place and also to establish that MBS is not involved with the PIF and they are indeed separate to the Saudi state. Once proven they acted in a manner that showed bias and exception to the rules, they are fecked.
    Then they don't have a leg to stand on. PIF can come back and it gets done.
    MBS isn't named on the board or anything, their highest court sent written document proving that MBS wont be getting involved etc etc
    The EPL ignored it and acted illegally and broke anti competition laws as well as their own rules

MBS could rape and murder 100 women tomorrow and it wont have any bearing on the takeover.

Well said

The takeover died when PIF pulled out. As for the USA, hypocrites !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)