+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little point.

Me "That was supposed to last 5 days and it's over in less than 2"

Wife "It's not all bad news then"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    As above the pitch was a disgrace, this isn’t sour grapes but surely this can’t be allowed to happen again, test cricket is already under threat and this debacle will have the sponsors and fans wary of committing to future contests.
    That said how on earth can you select a team for India that has a shortage of spin? I know Moeen wasn’t supposed to go home but then being left with only one recognised spinner is unfathonable
    We only played 1 spinner because we don't have any good enough to play test cricket. I recall in the previous test the Indian spinners bowled their first full toss in their 41st over. The England spinners had bowled 18. How many runs is that given away?

When you’ve got a walking wicket coming in at 8 you know your in trouble, The over hyped Archer doesn’t know which end of the bat to hold.
    As for his bowling, if he can’t bowl 95mph for short spells of 5 overs then we’ve got better 85 mph bowlers who can actually hold a bat in Woakes

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    When you’ve got a walking wicket coming in at 8 you know your in trouble, The over hyped Archer doesn’t know which end of the bat to hold.
    As for his bowling, if he can’t bowl 95mph for short spells of 5 overs then we’ve got better 85 mph bowlers who can actually hold a bat in Woakes
    But you don't win test matches by selecting bowlers because they can bat a bit. An extra 20 runs from Woakes is nothing compared to a quick bowler who can knock over 3 or 4 top 6 batsmen on a regular basis. If a bowler can do that he's in the side however he bats. Problem is Archer hasn't done that and doesn't look as if he can do it.

I see Woakes having travelled to SA SL and India this winter is now on the way home without playing a match.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    But you don't win test matches by selecting bowlers because they can bat a bit. An extra 20 runs from Woakes is nothing compared to a quick bowler who can knock over 3 or 4 top 6 batsmen on a regular basis. If a bowler can do that he's in the side however he bats. Problem is Archer hasn't done that and doesn't look as if he can do it.

I see Woakes having travelled to SA SL and India this winter is now on the way home without playing a match.
    The sooner we get rid of Archer the better.

The bloke has a heart the size of a gnat’s right testicle!

He hasn’t got the necessary grit for the 5 day game, the bloke is a 20 and 50 over format player.

I don’t know why selectors are so blind to the obvious but they do this regularly.

I can tell them the following now to save them time,

Burns has the most hideous technique I’ve ever seen, just watching him annoys the f u c k out of me........not a hope of him ever averaging much over 30.

Sibley - Much the same as above, too leg sided in his play.

Pope - Has he ever seen a spinner? An awfully inept attempt at playing spin, “skittish” doesn’t do his attempts justice.

Archer - No “ticker”......a posing show pony.

My point regarding Woakes was that if Archer bowls most of his deliveries at 85 mph then we would be better off playing Woakes or Curran, far better bowlers at that pace and do something with it, plus they both can bat.
    I agree with Mick, Archer is a show pony with a heart of a pee, what irritates me is that when he goes for a boundary he laughs, I was always taught come back with a better delivery, I never laughed, I came back charging in with the aim of knocking those 3 bits of wood over, and the guys I played with did the same.
    Archer is vastly overrated, can’t bat his fielding is a disgrace and a half hearted bowler that sometimes can bowl 95 mph when he can be arsed

I thought that the whole point of playing Archer was the threat he posed with his 90+ mph deliveries; so what’s the point when so few of his deliveries are anywhere near 90 mph? Now, not for me to be a tad cynical but his continued selection wouldn’t have anything to with the ECB’s diversity credentials, would it? Tokenism, surely not? It just wouldn’t be cricket, would it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)