+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unbelievable fact

Unbelievable fact

Ashley has owned our club now for almost 14 years.

That is more than 10% of the total time we have existed, 129 years since 1892. I've followed the club for 75 of those years since the game recommenced in 1946 after the war.

Even when we have had long spells in the second tier and a couple of times almost dropped to the third tier I have never known so much animosity towards an owner, and there has been a few bad ones.

My point is that we have never had an owner with so much to gain from correct investment who has also had the disposable means for this investment, and an opportunity to hugely increase the value of his plaything, along with the personal popularity which would have followed.

Our owner is a total idiotic, selfish, stupid, ignorant moron. And that is being as polite as I can be.

Couldn't agree more.

He could have truly been a hero and even reinvented his otherwise dodgy SD-image.

He chose to be a liar and he chose to be selfish. Can't respect that.

...and probably has made more money than all the previous owners combined in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    ...and probably has made more money than all the previous owners combined in that time.
    He could have made several times as much more if he wasn't so greedy and had a bit of common sense.

The age-old adage comes to mind. When you are on a good deal if you don't speculate then you won't accumulate.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)