+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Elon Musk

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    A fantasy currency for the occupants of fantasy island
    You're actually more right than you realise. All currency we use is fantasy currency.

Think about it, what are those notes in your wallet really other than bits of paper with writing on them? We just choose to believe the writing makes them valuable because the government says so, and because we trust in the system it works. Until it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    You're actually more right than you realise. All currency we use is fantasy currency.

Think about it, what are those notes in your wallet really other than bits of paper with writing on them? We just choose to believe the writing makes them valuable because the government says so, and because we trust in the system it works. Until it doesn't.
    That's not correct though John is it?....I can change your £10 for two £5 notes, can you split a B1tcoin, also I know the cost of a Tesla in sterling, how much is it in B1tcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    That's not correct though John is it?....I can change your £10 for two £5 notes, can you split a B1tcoin, also I know the cost of a Tesla in sterling, how much is it in B1tcoin?
    gm, my friend, Google is your friend.

You can split a BTC as much as you like, and in any possible combination you like. Its way more flexible than notes.

I have no idea what the cost of a Tesla is in BTC or Sterling. It varies by model, country and retailer. In the information age, this is all easy to find out.

Is it currently volatile? Yes. Is this the big deal you think it is? No.

Google is your friend

Oh the irony

Bless

Google is a fantastic resource. Everyone should use it. To think you know everything and can't learn anything else is the mentality of a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    gm, my friend, Google is your friend.

You can split a BTC as much as you like, and in any possible combination you like. Its way more flexible than notes.

I have no idea what the cost of a Tesla is in BTC or Sterling. It varies by model, country and retailer. In the information age, this is all easy to find out.

Is it currently volatile? Yes. Is this the big deal you think it is? No.
    Ah, didn't know you could split BTC, but that still doesnt reconcile the cost basis if you are paying in BTC!

For Clarity if a Tesla is £35k as advertised it will remain that price, if (as EM has advised) Tesla accept BTC. As an investor (now ex-investor but happy with my 384% return) Im worried as if I agree a sale price of say 1 BTC and its worth $42k if it crashes again to $25k (equiv in real world money) and people lump in at that price, Tesla would be Bankrupt!

"To think you know everything and can't learn anything else is the mentality of a fool"

Irony part 2

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Ah, didn't know you could split BTC, but that still doesnt reconcile the cost basis if you are paying in BTC!

For Clarity if a Tesla is £35k as advertised it will remain that price, if (as EM has advised) Tesla accept BTC. As an investor (now ex-investor but happy with my 384% return) Im worried as if I agree a sale price of say 1 BTC and its worth $42k if it crashes again to $25k (equiv in real world money) and people lump in at that price, Tesla would be Bankrupt!
    You've done well to make any return on an investment you clearly don't understand at all. Its quite amusing you think yourself in a position to offer Elon Musk investment advice when you didn't even realise BTC was divisible.

Your positon is like saying the Internet was going to fail in 1997 because it couldn't do video like the TV can. Some people get so caught up in the short term status of something they just cannot comprehend the potential in the future.

That's fine, not my job to convince anyone. There will be those of a certain generation who will never understand, just like there were many from the older generation still who adamantly refuse to ever even try using the internet preferring to stick to newspapers and radio like my grandparents did.

Nothing wrong with that, times change. Some people can envisage and adapt to the future, others get stuck in the present/past. It's just a generational thing.

Oh, the gift that keeps on giving

Classic superiority complex

Every time you post a snarkey comment rather than respond to a single one of the well reasoned points I raise, I genuinely smile and chalk it up as a victory in my mind. I can't remember the last time I lost.

Come on, test your brain, don't be cheap...

Any argument as to why your British magical paper money is a better system and less fantastical than the unforgeable and uninflatable, and apolitical, and global magical internet money Elon Musk rates as the future?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast