+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Elon Musk

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    You're asking how YouTube works in 1997.

Video streaming was technically possible in 1998, and a small number of enthiasts did it, but it took many years for adoption and infrastructure to get to the point where it became mainstream.

BTC has a new payment network called the lightning network in its early stages, which is one of a number of technologies that will facilitate the sort of transaction you describe. It will be very easy to do, you'll probably use your phone and it will work much like a contactless payment.
    BTW Roly does actually think it’s 1997.

Getting back to my scenario, you’ve answered the first part but still ignored the second and more important point, how much is Rolys Morning Star in BTC?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    According to that font of all knowledge Google

A YouTuber is anyone who creates video content for the website. This makes co-founder Jawed Karim the first YouTuber when he uploaded a 18-second video called Me at the Zoo in 2005

Unless you live on fantasy island where your great aunt was doing it in 1997
    Funily enough, I emailed my great Aunt a video around about 1998 of a gorilla scratching its bum, sniffing its finger, and dramtically falling off a tree. I was using Clifton school's one internet connected computer which had "super fast" ISDN. Unfortunately I added a few other attachments, the earliest examples of memes, and it took many hours to download on their slower dial up connection - and probably at great cost.

Where did I say youtube was around in 1997? I said video was around then, not YouTube. I'm glad you're actually making an effort even if it is to try and catch me out, but you really need to read properly if you don't want to embarass yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Getting back to my scenario, you’ve answered the first part but still ignored the second and more important point, how much is Rolys Morning Star in BTC?
    What is the cost in dollars, or yen, or euro?

You'd have to look at the current exchange rate.

Edit: Actually, £4.99 for a month subscription, the price is 0.00015 BTC, which can also be presented as 15k satoshis.

Again, you're so focused on the short term thinking, you're assuming that because it is volatile now it always will be. Now you can answer my question, what price did you sell at?
    Last edited by John2; 27-02-2021 at 11:41 AM.

What is the cost in dollars, or yen, or euro?

You'd have to look at the current exchange rate.

Edit: Actually, £4.99 for a month subscription, the price is 0.00015 BTC, which can also be presented as 15k satoshis.

Again, you're so focused on the short term thinking, you're assuming that because it is volatile now it always will be. Now you can answer my question, what price did you sell at?
    Another gotcha moment....you just converted it lol.

I can’t access II at the moment due to site maintenance, but I diluted in November and sold the remaining balance last week, when I get access I’ll confirm.
    Last edited by gm_gm; 27-02-2021 at 12:02 PM.

I have no idea what your point is.

All currencies have to be converted if you want to measure something priced in a different currency.

I have no idea what your point is.

All currencies have to be converted if you want to measure something priced in a different currency.
    Back to the scenario when a Roly is asked for £1.50 for the Morning Star he doesn’t ask how much is that in Yen then does he

The second point is this, you buy the same paper as Roly 3 hours later and it could cost you twice as many BTCs as Roly
    Last edited by gm_gm; 27-02-2021 at 12:43 PM.

When was the last time ******* doubled in 3 hours!?

Again, you're obsessed with short term thinking, as ******* grows is it getting measurably more stable/less volatile. Nobody is arguing for using it to buy the paper tomorrow, but there's no reason you couldn't if it was accepted by the seller.

The yen is not created as a global currency.

Are you proposing that any sort of global currency won't work unless it is pegged perfectly to all the existing currencies so nobody ever has to deal with transitioning to a different unit of account?

I really hope you can see why that is a proposterous/impossible/bizarre position, but the fact you appear to be doing down this route makes me really question whether you can. I'll optimistically ask enquire again as to the point you're trying to make, just in case its got lost.

Gm went fishing, so I thought I'd have a play. I hope nobody takes the personas we portray on these forums too seriously.
    or our comments

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    or our comments
    Shhh..he thinks he’s winning

Bless

When was the last time ******* doubled in 3 hours!?

Again, you're obsessed with short term thinking, as ******* grows is it getting measurably more stable/less volatile. Nobody is arguing for using it to buy the paper tomorrow, but there's no reason you couldn't if it was accepted by the seller.

The yen is not created as a global currency.

Are you proposing that any sort of global currency won't work unless it is pegged perfectly to all the existing currencies so nobody ever has to deal with transitioning to a different unit of account?

I really hope you can see why that is a proposterous/impossible/bizarre position, but the fact you appear to be doing down this route makes me really question whether you can. I'll optimistically ask enquire again as to the point you're trying to make, just in case its got lost.
    The point is it can’t be used as currency because it isn’t one, secondly, you yourself converted it back to pounds! It is like saying let’s go back to accepting corn as payment. BTC May become an accepted commodity and traded as such but not a currency, to say it will become less volatile is speculative and not based on any precedent.

By the way if the paper was more expensive it would have been a result of BTC going down not up!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast