+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’ve also bin thinking ......

I’ve also bin thinking ......

......... I’m not sure about this ...... but
    I think this lockdown may have helped Barnsley get to where they are now.

Barnsley has the youngest squad in the Championship.
    We all know what the Barnsley crowd is like - it’s great when things are going well - but individuals in the crowd can be very cruel when things arnt going great.
    So would these young players have had the time to settle and gain confidence if the crowd was back in at the WELL.
    I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ......... I’m not sure about this ...... but
    I think this lockdown may have helped Barnsley get to where they are now.

Barnsley has the youngest squad in the Championship.
    We all know what the Barnsley crowd is like - it’s great when things are going well - but individuals in the crowd can be very cruel when things arnt going great.
    So would these young players have had the time to settle and gain confidence if the crowd was back in at the WELL.
    I doubt it.
    The ducks have lined up this season and the end of last like no other since 96/97 .

Everything is in our favour , five subs , no fans as you say , these young lads don't care just as long as they are playing football , no transition to make .

Nobody has a penny to scratch their ass with in the championship .

Struber doing one to NYB .

Extremely good recruitment the last two windows .

Then there's Val who'd have got a tune out of Dave Regis if he'd been around at the time .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The ducks have lined up this season and the end of last like no other since 96/97 .

Everything is in our favour , five subs , no fans as you say , these young lads don't care just as long as they are playing football , no transition to make .

Nobody has a penny to scratch their ass with in the championship .

Struber doing one to NYB .

Extremely good recruitment the last two windows .

Then there's Val who'd have got a tune out of Dave Regis if he'd been around at the time .
    There’s a huge possibility that fans would have booed Vals type of football when he first got here.
    Because there’s no negativity from the crowd - Val has had time to develop the system - and the young players have been able to build their confidence.
    Worth remembering the negative influence our fans had on Mads last season.
    It made him a wreck to the extent he had to be rested.

Tha sez that abart individuals int crowd being cruel Nudger but tha must realise that players will read these forums and see people like yourself giving our club captain who's bin laikin art o his skin all season ZERO art of 10 at aif time last neet and also saying thuz no football on show bar fo a few minutes- This is while we guin well n all. Feck me ad hate to see what tha like when we're hopeless and bottom ot table! Aye, our players must tek great confidence reading some o thy posts

Think Nudge sat behind me...... we’ve moved nar........

No really. But I do agree with Nudger, the crowd do have a negative effect, that’s not just our club though. My mate at Dog botherers sat behind Wagner during the latter parts of his tenure. He slagged the players and Manager off that much the club wrote to him amd his brother! (Who was just as vocal ).....

I was thinking the same about the crowd effect and the player that’s benefited most is Andersen.
    The lad has come on leaps and bounds this season and has become one of our biggest assets. There was a period last season he was having a mare and rightly lost his place but he was a young lad finding his feet in the EFL and those early mistakes were jumped on by a section of the supporters and he lost confidence and went from bad to worse. With no crowds the pressure of making any mistakes has gone from the players and they all have gained more confidence because of it and the results have come.

When we eventually get back into the ground I hope the minority realize that getting on players backs has a negative effect and players at all levels make mistakes and leave their frustrations and criticism for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Tha sez that abart individuals int crowd being cruel Nudger but tha must realise that players will read these forums and see people like yourself giving our club captain who's bin laikin art o his skin all season ZERO art of 10 at aif time last neet and also saying thuz no football on show bar fo a few minutes- This is while we guin well n all. Feck me ad hate to see what tha like when we're hopeless and bottom ot table! Aye, our players must tek great confidence reading some o thy posts
    I think Mowatt is too inconsistent.
    First half against Stoke he was shocking.
    Far too many PASSES GOING ASTRAY.
    Game against Millwall he might be the best player on the field.
    The team cannot afford that inconsistency.

Mowatt plays in a pivotal position - a sort of quartet back role - the one midfield player with the responsibility of playing long accurate passes forward.
    I can’t see any current young player fitting into that role - but Wolfe and Christie may eventually be that type of player to fit the role.
    If not - then the club may have to dig deep to get someone in for next season.
    IMO - it’s the current weak spot within the squad.

But would I give Mowatt abuse while I was sat in the stand - NO CHANCE.
    My comments are for discussions away from the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I think Mowatt is too inconsistent.
    First half against Stoke he was shocking.
    Far too many PASSES GOING ASTRAY.
    Game against Millwall he might be the best player on the field.
    The team cannot afford that inconsistency.

Mowatt plays in a pivotal position - a sort of quartet back role - the one midfield player with the responsibility of playing long accurate passes forward.
    I can’t see any current young player fitting into that role - but Wolfe and Christie may eventually be that type of player to fit the role.
    If not - then the club may have to dig deep to get someone in for next season.
    IMO - it’s the current weak spot within the squad.

But would I give Mowatt abuse while I was sat in the stand - NO CHANCE.
    My comments are for discussions away from the ground.

Part of being the lynchpin of the team is the odd passes going astray. Feck me Mowatts not exactly Andreas Iniesta is he. Tha just expects far too much from our players who with all due respect are now Championship standard after invariably coming from lower leagues although in Mowatts case he came from a fellow championship club at the time we signed him. No need to post 0/10, thy art o order wi that imo. Tha just posts unnecessary threads to get a reaction. Why not just post on the matchday thread?

End ot day wiv got a squad of players art theer doing very well and trying their best. Am happy wi what is guin on art theear on the pitch. A think many of our players are laikin beyond all expectations. Try and look at the bigger picture. Mowatt is a contender for player of the season, he makes the team tick and will be greatly missed if he were to depart.

I think no crowds last season deffo helped we'd have been a nervous crowd and it would have passed onto the pitch. If we were allowed back now the high press and us roaring would give us even more energy more chances it would be the perfect scenario.i could just imagine it.wow.

Opposition would av to av balls of steel trying to pass it about at the back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast