+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What were the Burnley recruitment team doing tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I get the strong impression CiB, that the club has no interest in scouting and/or signing players from anywhere. And hasn't been that interested for over three years now. It's all very odd.
    Shame really.A bit of technical ability is sadly and badly missing from the teamThe PM here is a football fanatic.They have poured billions into infrastructure over the last 10 years and the results are starting to show.The national team is improving slowly.Not to mention Croatia/Serbia which are full of technically gifted players.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Shame really.A bit of technical ability is sadly and badly missing from the teamThe PM here is a football fanatic.They have poured billions into infrastructure over the last 10 years and the results are starting to show.The national team is improving slowly.Not to mention Croatia/Serbia which are full of technically gifted players.
    You've tried CiB, but you might as well bang your head against a brick wall.

Just over 20 years ago. I was watching a lot of Welsh football which featured teams such as Barry Town , TNS, Porthmadog etc. Barry were quite successful and regularly played in the qualifying rounds of European competition,against the likes of Porto and Dinamo Kyiv.They had a very good goalie called Mark Ovendale. You could tell he was going to play at a much higher level. I got hold of our wonderful club, and virtually told them to get over to North Wales, to have a look at this goalie in the very near future. They didn’t , and I heard no more from the club. At the end of that season, he was transferred to Bournemouth for £30,000. 2 seasons later he moved to Luton Town for £400,000. All I could was smile. Nothing’s changed in all that time, it seems. In the end, I just didn’t see the point of trying to help.
    I get the strong impression CiB, that the club has no interest in scouting and/or signing players from anywhere. And hasn't been that interested for over three years now. It's all very odd.

I don't think it will take an American banking executive long to realise which members of the club are stealing a wage...

Attachment 18502

Burnleys scouting system used to be the best in the country in the 60's .. Especially in the Geordie area..Angus,O'Neill,Harris ,just to name a few..I could go on and on and on naming them..

Dave Thomas and Ralph Coates, how I wish we could clone them...

Attachment 18503

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Just over 20 years ago. I was watching a lot of Welsh football which featured teams such as Barry Town , TNS, Porthmadog etc. Barry were quite successful and regularly played in the qualifying rounds of European competition,against the likes of Porto and Dinamo Kyiv.They had a very good goalie called Mark Ovendale. You could tell he was going to play at a much higher level. I got hold of our wonderful club, and virtually told them to get over to North Wales, to have a look at this goalie in the very near future. They didn’t , and I heard no more from the club. At the end of that season, he was transferred to Bournemouth for £30,000. 2 seasons later he moved to Luton Town for £400,000. All I could was smile. Nothing’s changed in all that time, it seems. In the end, I just didn’t see the point of trying to help.
    There was one keeper closer to home than that Mal, in the 90s Carlo Nash was playing non-league football right under our noses for Rossendale United and Clitheroe, and he'd been with the Manchester United Academy, so it wasn't as though he was a jumped up pub team keeper. Did we have him watched, did we even know he existed, no idea, but Crystal Palace did and paid Clitheroe £35,000 for him. He went on to play for Manchester City in the Premier League.
    Last edited by sinkov; 26-02-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)