+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What were the Burnley recruitment team doing tonight ?

What were the Burnley recruitment team doing tonight ?

I tell you what they should have been doing.- watching the talented players from Czech team Slavia Prague beat Leicester City in the Europa League. They have some very good players who helped their team to a very good 2-0 win in the East Midlands. More than one of them would look pretty good in the Claret and Blue for sure. Even Brendan Rodgers said they were better than his own team , and were good all over the park, moving the ball with speed and pace, and clinical in front of goal.
    If any of the back room staff want me to tell them who these players are, just point them in my direction.

understand where your coming from - Mal, is a great Idea....but it's not the way things are done - just imagine how it would turn out if teams went around signing players from all over the place - would screw up the system, level all those pedestals - topple the big clubs, run rings around many of those in the public eye, it'd throw the game wide open - they can't have that...not good for business !

Especially after Brexit, you can't just sign these European players like before, you need permits/visas and extension clauses now.

Plus a vaccine passport.

and orange face cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

and orange face cream.

not good enough Norder.No graphics in your post.Lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    not good enough Norder.No graphics in your post.Lol

then what do you call this = = = = = = == = == = = .

LololLoolLahLalaloL.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I tell you what they should have been doing.- watching the talented players from Czech team Slavia Prague beat Leicester City in the Europa League. They have some very good players who helped their team to a very good 2-0 win in the East Midlands. More than one of them would look pretty good in the Claret and Blue for sure. Even Brendan Rodgers said they were better than his own team , and were good all over the park, moving the ball with speed and pace, and clinical in front of goal.
    If any of the back room staff want me to tell them who these players are, just point them in my direction.
    I propose mal as head of recruitment ( and that isn’t sarcasm)

Er indoors is an artist-she paints portraits on stones and I commissioned her to do one of SD in 2016 and when we came to the UK in 2019 we contacted the club and Darren Bentley kindly arranged for us to meet SD to hand over the stone.We had a quick tour of Gawthorpe and then met Sean who seemed very genuine and cordial and asked me what I meant about scouting in Central Europe as I had already mentioned it to Darren.I asked him if the club needed a scout in Central Europe as it would be much cheaper to get the Central and Eastern European players before they are well known in Western Europe.Darren Bentley said he would pass the message on to Mike Rigg and give him my details and they would be in touch if they thought it would be interesting.Needless to say there was never a call.
    I therefore presume there is no interest in scouting and/or signing players from Czech/Slovakia/Hungary/Croatia/Romania and Serbia.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I therefore presume there is no interest in scouting and/or signing players from Czech/Slovakia/Hungary/Croatia/Romania and Serbia.
    I get the strong impression CiB, that the club has no interest in scouting and/or signing players from anywhere. And hasn't been that interested for over three years now. It's all very odd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)