Whoever it was, gazan, it was an elementary mistake from an experienced player. At that point we should have done what some have said we start doing at half time, ie play keep ball and, yes, in our half if necessary; it was naive in the extreme.

Having got that out of my system, it’s worth also saying that, once again against one of the ‘top clubs’we were the better side. Their goals were as a result of tired and/or ineffective midfield cover. I thought the back 4 were outstanding and I take back what I said about Wood being weak with the ball at his feet - outstanding long passing several times today and he kept the division’s leading scorer very quiet - looks a prospect. DNiels got very tired and I was bit surprised not to see TJ come on and, as has been mentioned above, either of Murphy or the frustrating Kirk given a rest and Evans, Walker or even Powell given 10 minutes. However, we should have wrapped the match up after they made their mass substitutions; as Pete Morse said on commentary, they were very vulnerable for 10 to 15 minutes and we had our chances.

Mandron was top drawer and celebrated his contract extension with 2 assists. He has struggled to score since Christmas but he showed his other qualities today.