+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine

Vaccine

Got meh sharpie in the caird hall the other day.

5 security outside guarding what I'm no sure, guy on door having to be told 3 times I didn't wear a mask, 3 folk on registration, 1 lassie pointing you up the stairs (instead of where I'm no sure), 1 lassie guarding the curtain into the hall, 4 stewards at start of queue 2 asking about no mask 1 saying I cud put on a welders mask...all politely refused...., queue of 8, time to have a wee look at the scene, 22 nurses, one insisted on telling someone " get off the phone" while in queue....no idea why, injection time patronised from a nurse who told me to keep following facts.....when I told her I didn't recognise sturgeon or the Scottish Govts authority to tell me anything I don't think that was in her script and she said "hopefully we'll be allowed to go on holiday next year"😁....50 mins.....in total....no bad but cud be a lot better.

Arrived at 5minutes before appointed time. Went up to entrance, greeted by nurse. Two paces forward greeted by lady behind desk with computer terminal. Name please, immediate recognition and is that your wife , full name used, with you? Yes.please take a seat. Wait 5 minutes, called forward to have vaccination. Consulting room, remove outdoor jacket wearing short sleeved tee shirt, talking all the time confirming no health issues, vaccinated, put on jacket, told to wait 10 15min in other part of waiting area incase I have a reaction. Wife appears wait 10 min and head off home. Told to expect recall appointment for second dose during vaccination chit chat.
    Absolutely first class treatment Oxford vaccine in our GP surgery.

Had my jab at GP surgery, in waiting room for a few minutes then called in.
    Few questions about reactions to inoculations etc, received my jab and the nurse also signed my vaccine record book.
    Sat in the car for ten minutes and read paper, before driving home.
    Total time in surgery, ten minutes, only disappointment, nae lollies !

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Arrived at 5minutes before appointed time. Went up to entrance, greeted by nurse. Two paces forward greeted by lady behind desk with computer terminal. Name please, immediate recognition and is that your wife , full name used, with you? Yes.please take a seat. Wait 5 minutes, called forward to have vaccination. Consulting room, remove outdoor jacket wearing short sleeved tee shirt, talking all the time confirming no health issues, vaccinated, put on jacket, told to wait 10 15min in other part of waiting area incase I have a reaction. Wife appears wait 10 min and head off home. Told to expect recall appointment for second dose during vaccination chit chat.
    Absolutely first class treatment Oxford vaccine in our GP surgery.
    Interesting the different experiences people have depending on their political views

Interesting the different experiences people have depending on whether they go to their own GP surgery or a mass vaccination centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Interesting the different experiences people have depending on whether they go to their own GP surgery or a mass vaccination centre.
    Exactly.....but I refused to accept political indoctrination....or welders visor.

Here's something I forgot to mention.

One of the yellow jackets said it was always slower at the time I went...(back of 4) as they don't open vaccines in advance at that time as they can only be open so long then have to be used.....so from 3pm on they only open as people register......he said around 10% of people who arrange appt don't turn up.......seemed a high figure but no much benefit in telling a porky.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Agree with this. Nothing to do with politics at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Exactly.....but I refused to accept political indoctrination....or welders visor.
    Should've asked for an air fed visor, worth a bit of cash and you could have sold it on.

What will the health experts and politicians do if everyone is vaccinated in the U.K. apart from people who cannot have the vaccine because of health issues and the daily number of new positive Covid-19 cases remain in the low thousands. What is their Plan B.
    Last December the French Gvernmrnt were refusing to let lorry drivers travel from Kent to France because of a localised outbreak of the South African strain of the Covid-19 virus. Eventually after the county of Kent became a large lorry park Macron backed down and let in lorry drivers if they tested negative for the Covid-19 virus.
    Now over two months later the France v Scotland rugby match has been cancelled because of an outbreak of positive Covid-19 cases in the French rugby team. I have not heard a cheep from Macron about this rugby match being cancelled. More double standards from the French Government.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)