+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurs v Burnley Match Preview

Spurs v Burnley Match Preview

Crisis? What crisis? You’d get top marks if you knew which PL manager said that this week. Was it (a) Steve Bruce after another game “with positive signs” despite the Toon losing 3-1 at Old Trafford or (b) Jose Mourinho admitting there are things he cannot fix at Tottenham as they plunged to a 5th defeat in their last 6 League games or (c) our very own Sean Dyche on a lacklustre display against 10 man West Brom at a Turf Moor and a growing injury list that is hampering his team selection? Truth is it could easily have been all three of them. Spurs at least came successfully through their midweek encounter with Wolfsberg adding another 4 goals to the four they scored in the away leg. Dele Alli made a successful return to the Tottenham side but will he start against the Clarets? If he does not JM can still select from Kane, Son, Lucas Moura and Gareth Bale. As for Burnley it is unlikely any of our walking wounded will have recovered in time for this game though Chris Wood may be near to a return. Our last trip to the Tottenham Hotspur stadium in December 2019 ended with a 5-0 loss where Kane, Son and Moura all helped themselves to goals though in truth Son did not need much help as he simply slalomed through the entire Burnley defence. In goal Pope for Burnley faces off against the man he is widely tipped to replace at the end of the season Hugo Lloris. Our referee on Sunday is Kevin Friend who took charge in January for our narrow home defeat to Manchester United and had a reasonable game picking up on the Luke Shaw foul on JBG in the build up to United’s penalty claim for Robbie Brady’s tackle on Cavani as well as ruling out a Maguire header for pushing. The omens may not be good for us to pick up another away win to add to our coupon busting victories at Arsenal and Liverpool but we can draw some heart from our last visit to the capital where we demolished Crystal Palace 3-0. I simply sign off COYC!

Good stuff Outwood, your previews which have always been excellent, are now getting bigger and even better.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Good stuff Outwood, your previews which have always been excellent, are now getting bigger and even better.
    Thanks muchly sinkov.

The break has allowed Chris Wood and Dale Stephens to return to training, while Jay Rodriguez has shaken off a knock.

However, Robbie Brady and Ashley Barnes remain sidelined and Johann Berg Gudmundsson is also unlikely to feature, with Erik Pieters described as "touch and go".

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...it_436924.html

Your pre-match ramblings are fast becoming a "must-see" outwood.

Brilliant my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Thanks muchly sinkov.
    I always like to encourage young talent Outwood.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I always like to encourage young talent Outwood.
    A double hit, we've got someone young on here and someone talented. Step up the recruitment.

Nice right up Outwood,I would love to get something out of this game,just to piss of mouthy Mourinho .

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Nice right up Outwood,I would love to get something out of this game,just to piss of mouthy Mourinho .
    No way José..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Write !! My iPad doesn't half throw up some typos.Must remember to read before posting..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)