+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dongda He on Loan to Beijing

Dongda He on Loan to Beijing

"Beijing Guoan announced the signing of He Zhenyu from Wolverhampton Wanderers on loan. The 19-year-old striker is a product of Notts County academy and joined Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2018."

Name:  EvJvS4tUYAYol0Y.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  18.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    "Beijing Guoan announced the signing of He Zhenyu from Wolverhampton Wanderers on loan. The 19-year-old striker is a product of Notts County academy and joined Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2018."

Name:  EvJvS4tUYAYol0Y.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  18.8 KB
    Should never have been allowed to leave in my opinion, a very exciting player that has been in complete anonymity at Wolves. Surely a young player would be better off playing and showing off his skills at a L2 or even NL club than trying to compete with some 80 other players at a 2nd rate premier club. Same goes for Kion Etete at Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Should never have been allowed to leave in my opinion, a very exciting player that has been in complete anonymity at Wolves. Surely a young player would be better off playing and showing off his skills at a L2 or even NL club than trying to compete with some 80 other players at a 2nd rate premier club. Same goes for Kion Etete at Spurs.
    Totally agree. Unfortunately this is what the greed league system has brought us to.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Totally agree. Unfortunately this is what the greed league system has brought us to.
    Money talks, sadly. Made worse by the fact we don’t get value for what we are selling.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I completely agree. Whilst not our own players Jack Grealish and Callum McGregor came out on loan to us and came to get experience of the physical side of the game in the lower leagues and play the men's game. Whilst they were both very talented for their age I do think it helped to kick start their careers and gave them valuable experience and a foundation on which to push for a first team place in their respective parent club squads. The same can also be said for Ryan Yates.

Dondga He and Etete could have come back on loan to us and surely something could have been negotiated with Wolves and Spurs to do that? Who was the academy player we sold in Hardy's reign to Liverpool? Does the same apply to him?

Both Dongda He and Etete have just sat in academy squads since leaving the club. Both at 19 have no experience of first team football at any level.

As others have said money talks and big clubs just hoover up as much talent as possible and hoard them in their Under 23 squads so no other clubs can get hold of them. A small % will probably only ever make the first team, plus their is a lot of competition. Then when the big clubs don't want them they get released and then have to drop down to lower levels anyway.

There's a lot to be said for doing it the Jamie Vardy way in my view working your way up from the bottom up.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I completely agree. Whilst not our own players Jack Grealish and Callum McGregor came out on loan to us and came to get experience of the physical side of the game in the lower leagues and play the men's game. Whilst they were both very talented for their age I do think it helped to kick start their careers and gave them valuable experience and a foundation on which to push for a first team place in their respective parent club squads. The same can also be said for Ryan Yates.

Dondga He and Etete could have come back on loan to us and surely something could have been negotiated with Wolves and Spurs to do that? Who was the academy player we sold in Hardy's reign to Liverpool? Does the same apply to him?

Both Dongda He and Etete have just sat in academy squads since leaving the club. Both at 19 have no experience of first team football at any level.

As others have said money talks and big clubs just hoover up as much talent as possible and hoard them in their Under 23 squads so no other clubs can get hold of them. A small % will probably only ever make the first team, plus their is a lot of competition. Then when the big clubs don't want them they get released and then have to drop down to lower levels anyway.

There's a lot to be said for doing it the Jamie Vardy way in my view working your way up from the bottom up.
    That would be Jack Bearne who went back to Liverpool.

Alan "You wont catch me selling our talent" Hardy 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    That would be Jack Bearne who went back to Liverpool.

Alan "You wont catch me selling our talent" Hardy ��
    To be fair to whoever was in charge at the time, regarding Bearne, Dongda He and Etete we didn't "let them go". All three were obviously offered contracts way above what we could offer, so why would any of them choose to stay with us rather than move to a Premiership club? None of them have made the grade yet, so the best that we can hope for is that we managed to negotiate sufficient contract clauses so we get some benefit if any of them do make the big time.

Since the football league voted to take a pittance in tv money to agree to classes of academy, the idea of stopping any youth player moving on to a prem side is laughable.

There are set rates for talent. Which are a pittance compared to what you could get for players under the old system, even the old and much slagged tribunal.

The FL cut its own throat long ago.

Any talent can be hoovered up by prem clubs for next to nothing. Its why they need u23 sides on top of reserve, and youth sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    To be fair to whoever was in charge at the time, regarding Bearne, Dongda He and Etete we didn't "let them go". All three were obviously offered contracts way above what we could offer, so why would any of them choose to stay with us rather than move to a Premiership club? None of them have made the grade yet, so the best that we can hope for is that we managed to negotiate sufficient contract clauses so we get some benefit if any of them do make the big time.
    Exactly but they werent my words they were the words of Hardy.

Just shows how out of his depth he was.

Wouldnt be surprised to see none of them make it they have put money first none have gone out on loan yet.

I mean Dongda has gone to the Chinese league Wolves wont be able to judge his performances properly unless they plan to sell at a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

There is no way that Ardley would have played any of them should they have come back on loan. He only gave Dongda cameos in the friendlies to bump up the price as the vultures were circling. I remember Leicester staff chatting to him on the pitch after our friendly, shortly before he moved to Wolves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast