+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Robertson delaying his contracts talks.

Very Bob Marley

More Jacob Marley

Marmalade or marmite
    Not fussed whether he stays or goes as he's too injury prone.
    There's better defenders out there

He's fit, hope it continues. I'd say our best central defender when fit. Where's better players in his position we could get? I can't think of any.

We will do what we always do , leave it until the last minute to offer new contracts.

If he is contracted till 2022, why is this too late?

He is one of our better defenders, who is comfortable with the ball and able to play it out to midfield.

He's had his injuries, but I wouldn't say he's injury-prone. Really can't see why anyone is getting upset about contract talks.

In such a short career timescale I don’t blame him. However what about the 4 w(h)Ingres who thought the grass was greener elsewhere! Think on Robbo.

Increasingly in the divisions other than the Premiership clubs are asking of signings “ are they value for money” rather than ‘ how good are they”

Is Robertson “value for money” for us, enough to want to keep him?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    He's fit, hope it continues. I'd say our best central defender when fit. Where's better players in his position we could get? I can't think of any.
    There are likely to be quite a few when many teams trim their squads down in June
    Better players will have to lower their wage demands

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Brin. Dont you contradict yourself. You say the player is delaying until the end of the season then blame the club for the situation.
    Good evening, not at all is the answer to your question. Have you given thought to the fact that the club are only now wanting to sit down and talk of a new contract? With this in mind, maybe Robertson thinks screw you, I've been waiting to be approached sooner than this, seeing as my contract ends this season so, I'll leave my options open now.

A dangerous ploy by him if he does as Warne may actually be offered someone better, and may just not renew Robertson's contract. We all know what happened to the four amigos who thought the grass was greener elsewhere!

Der der derrrrrr as they say as the plot thickens.

NB. One player we urgently to need to renew his contract is Olosunde, this lad is young, fast and shows good potential. He wasn't at Man Utd for nothing.
    Last edited by Brin; 26-02-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast