+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robertson delaying his contracts talks.

Robertson delaying his contracts talks.

Clark Robertson is delaying his decision until the the end of the season, in order to see what league we end up in.

His favoured choice is to stay in the Championship and who can blame him. He has a family to provide for and there's more money in this league than below it.

The obvious question is why do we leave it so late before entering talks with our players, knowing full well they are in their last season with us? On this occasion, we have supported Clark throughout his unfortunate injury period but, now he's fully fit he may well sign for another club if we go down.

Yes it's a gamble if they stay fit but, if Warne and the club think so highly of him, why risk now losing him? I truly hope we stay up as I believe Clark has a lot to offer the club, shame if we drop and he signs elsewhere but that's his prerogative.

Just who is responsible for contract talks been made earlier.....Stewart? Warne? Douglas? All I can say is we have the potential here to lose a decent player by not getting in there earlier.

Robertson has been great when fit, our best CB IMO as I've said before but similar to a chat yesterday, who in the championship would take him? Perhaps they would on a free especially but I'm not convinced. Remember all those wingers a couple of years ago? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Robertson has been great when fit, our best CB IMO as I've said before but similar to a chat yesterday, who in the championship would take him? Perhaps they would on a free especially but I'm not convinced. Remember all those wingers a couple of years ago? 2.0

Can’t remember the last outstanding game he had for us, not pulled up many trees this season, been involved in passing the ball away which resulted in goals against us which contributed to two of the last defeats.

Decent player when fit but needs to show up a bit more from now on if we are to stay up ! Would have felt he should snap up any reasonable offer put to him ! he owes Warney and the club for looking after him for the past two years ! So far this season he has not produced any performances that would have other Championship teams racing to sign him ?
    Remember Pringle, Ford and Taylor for example all thought they were good enough to get other clubs in the Chamionship !

been said by the football management staff we also have the cycle of players that move on..which they said was every few years...the four mentioned would fall into that category..

Also PW as said with the loans players he let go recently he wouldn’t stand in their way if they was unhappy and wanted to leave from a mental health viewpoint.

And to be fair I dont really think we have left it too late in recent past with extending contracts,and in some quarters was offered too quickly..proctor and mattock as examples...

Not sure I understand why he would wait, I can’t see many championship clubs going in for him if he keeps picking injuries up tbh.

Clarke is contracted until 2022 and we might have an extension put in
    Last edited by millertop; 26-02-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Oh dear

Doesn't want to go to the company barbecue

Won't end well

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    been said by the football management staff we also have the cycle of players that move on..which they said was every few years...the four mentioned would fall into that category..

Also PW as said with the loans players he let go recently he wouldn’t stand in their way if they was unhappy and wanted to leave from a mental health viewpoint.

And to be fair I dont really think we have left it too late in recent past with extending contracts,and in some quarters was offered too quickly..proctor and mattock as examples...
    Indeed. Perhaps his injury record is the very reason we have left it later to look at. Trying to learn from giving crocked players new deals.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Can’t remember the last outstanding game he had for us, not pulled up many trees this season, been involved in passing the ball away which resulted in goals against us which contributed to two of the last defeats.

Decent player when fit but needs to show up a bit more from now on if we are to stay up ! Would have felt he should snap up any reasonable offer put to him ! he owes Warney and the club for looking after him for the past two years ! So far this season he has not produced any performances that would have other Championship teams racing to sign him ?
    Remember Pringle, Ford and Taylor for example all thought they were good enough to get other clubs in the Chamionship !
    That's fair. I think I'm a little biased because I rate him in comparison to our other CBs with the ball at his feet and a bit of composure. Very true about giving it away, he has but others wouldn't because they don't try those balls. Granted that isn't an excuse for poor passes.

Brin. Dont you contradict yourself. You say the player is delaying until the end of the season then blame the club for the situation.

Golly, no one blames Robertson for preserving himself

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast