+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Millwall Match Thoughts

Barnsley v Millwall Match Thoughts

The big question of course is can we make it five consecutive wins .

That would be some achievement in the modern day championship to say the least .

Very inconsistent are the Lions , the stock 2020/21 championship team .

I take it as read that our HC won't be letting the lads underestimate anyone .

We could easily fall on our asses tomorrow if we are not at the level we've shown of late .

That said there's no pressure on the lads , everything gained from now till the end of the season is a bonus .

Let's see where that takes us .

It's rarely dull on Grove Street .

On the contrary Animal, Millwall are a consistent team, they only have 7 defeats in 32 championship games to their name. Only the current top 4 teams can better that. Their problem is getting the wins to get them firmly into the top 6. They've drawn 16 times!

No monkeys this lot and it'll be another tight and difficult game.

However, can Millwall come up with a game plan and execute it against this current Reds team who are answering all questions asked of us?

This is the thing at present, we are adapting during games as we did on Wednesday night. We will always try to impose ourselves but we can also bring on ammunition if it's not going to plan. I can't see us losing at present.

1st goal wins the game tomorrow in my opinion.

With the way we press and the confidence at present I think they won’t know how to combat us and we will batter them tomorrow! 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    On the contrary Animal, Millwall are a consistent team, they only have 7 defeats in 32 championship games to their name. Only the current top 4 teams can better that. Their problem is getting the wins to get them firmly into the top 6. They've drawn 16 times!

No monkeys this lot and it'll be another tight and difficult game.

However, can Millwall come up with a game plan and execute it against this current Reds team who are answering all questions asked of us?

This is the thing at present, we are adapting during games as we did on Wednesday night. We will always try to impose ourselves but we can also bring on ammunition if it's not going to plan. I can't see us losing at present.

1st goal wins the game tomorrow in my opinion.
    Hadn't noticed that Pass with Millwall and just the 7 defeats , just shows that draws are massively over valued .

Dike has to start doesn't he ?

Off the back of his first goal and smartly taken too , wasn't a gimme wasn't that with the angle but he despatched it in to the far corner very well .

The lads settled in far easily than I thought he would , fair play to him .

I noticed in the match cap video the players were all over him walking off the field and he seems a popular lad with the group and plenty of banter flying around .

I'd go Dike , Victor and Woodrow up top tomorrow .

You could make a case for for a number of players to partner Dike to be honest tomorrow .

Solly for Sibbick and as you were against Stoke for the rest .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    With the way we press and the confidence at present I think they won’t know how to combat us and we will batter them tomorrow! 4-1
    They have a very tall team.
    But I don’t think they have the power that Barnsley has got.
    They will be dangerous at set plays - I can see Halme starting for this one.
    If we deal with their set plays I think the power and intensity of Barnsley will overawe them.
    4-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    They have a very tall team.
    But I don’t think they have the power that Barnsley has got.
    They will be dangerous at set plays - I can see Halme starting for this one.
    If we deal with their set plays I think the power and intensity of Barnsley will overawe them.
    4-0.
    Is tha gunna give Mowatt 0/10 before kick of Nudge Just asking like.......

Been spoilt with redders in past ant tha nudge someone who i cant remember ever gerrin a 5out10

If we get in play offs offer mowatt another contract if he says hes waiting it could end up being only chance hes gonna get to play in prem.if we get swansea in final tell Connor 20 grand aweek 3yr deal if it goes to pens surely it would cross his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Is tha gunna give Mowatt 0/10 before kick of Nudge Just asking like.......
    I think you’ll find every player is 0/10 before kick off chop then when the whistle blows their ratings has to be earned which this crop of players do to a man.

Too right they do Doggy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast