+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Barnsley v Millwall Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Your right about semis we'll take a lot out of who we play. We beat stoke they started well but lost to second half goals bristol won but new manager. can anyone put up how teams av done after playing us id be interested to see if we take much out of teams.hope someone understands wat am on abart.
    In might give us hope if there gonna be more knackerd than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    In might give us hope if there gonna be more knackerd than us.
    This is all hypothetical of course Rascal .

The club's above us tonight are under massive pressure to either go up to the PL or get back there , huge financial pressure to say the least .

Three clubs in Swansea , Watford and Brentford are fighting for the 2nd automatic promotion place , two of em are going to be disappointed .

The 2nd automatic place will probably go down to game 46 so two clubs are going to have to clear their heads pretty sharpish for the play off campaign a few days later .

If we can somehow squeeze in to 6th place it could be bloody interesting in the play off semi final because we'd be up against the third placed club coming off the back of missing out on the final day .

Looking at this through those eyes as a football fan absolutely the last club I'd want to play in the play offs is the hardest team in the championship to play against .

Especially one with nothing to lose .

Got lucky for the first goal Woodrow offside for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Got lucky for the first goal Woodrow offside for me.
    Thats the luck you get when your going up weve had them against us. Soz millwall but its abart us.fortune favours the brave.

MILLWALL manager Gary Rowett has seen enough in Barnsley to think they could be play-off contenders.

The Lions lost 2-1 at Oakwell on Saturday. The Tykes are just a point off sixth as they keep up their unexpected push for the top six.

Barnsley were promoted to the Championship in 2018-19 and finished 21st last season.

Rowett was in an unfancied Cambridge United squad that finished fifth in the then Second Division in 1991-92 season before they lost to Leicester City in the play-offs.

“The way they play, it’s very difficult to play against them. I don’t think many teams would want to play against them if they get into those areas,” Rowett said.

“The challenge with that will be when the pitches get a little bit better. In my opinion, that will be more of a challenge against teams that can move it around the press and exploit your defensive line a little bit more.

“I started off as an apprentice at a team, Cambridge United, that nearly got into the Premier League in two or three consecutive seasons. They’re very organised, very good at what they do and they don’t make any bones about it. They’re going to see if people can match their energy and work rate – and good luck to them.”

Nice of rowett weve showed we can play abit aswell and last year was it 7 points adrift staring relegation in the face had to win last 2 i think wed beat brenford.weve played big games if we can get there long way to go I'll just keep staring at tables next goal top 6 after that stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Lions fan here, you deserved your win although it was a bit of a scrappy game, we have 6 1st team players out at the moment due to injury however your lads played well. You had such a high press in the !st half, think that's how we scored our goal getting behind you. But don't see why you can't have a go for the play offs.
    Can we play you every week ehh Claw ? lol.
    I had a suspicion that we would have to accept a draw in the end, after conceding in stoppage time. But thankfully that didn't happen.
    As for the top 6 this season, well it might be a case of 'Dare to dream' soon if we keep picking up good results and surprising teams.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345