+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T A different type of Whisky

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuccs View Post
    Brin and Scum, you are more than welcome!
    You start off at the supermarkets and then before you know it, you're visiting distilleries and purchasing bottles from all over the world, it becomes a great hobby, limited only by shelf space and a nagging wife when you spend too much!!
    If you fancy a venture locally to Rotherham, then I recommend the Wee Dram whisky shop at Bakewell, and Mitchell's Wines on Meadowhead Road, Sheffield, in Norton, just off the big roundabout as you take the A61 Dronfield bypass, or opposite what used to be the big tree Norton pub. I only realised this place existed last year, it's got a huge selection of craft beers, more wine than I've seen in my life, and a pretty large whisky section with whiskies from all over the world, well worth checking out. They have a website too , Mitchellswine.co.uk
    Thanks once again.

Update...................In tescos today. Litre bottle of Jura Winter edition to clear at £23.95......bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Update...................In tescos today. Litre bottle of Jura Winter edition to clear at £23.95......bargain.
    Wow, that’s a great offer

OMG!!! I found the non alcoholic Gordon’s gin.....it’s like drinking sugar water... yuk! I’ve told her indoors it’s all hers... what a let down.

If you want non-alcoholic (well, not very alcoholic) alternative to a gin and tonic, add a few dashes of Angostura Bitters to tonic water.

an old trick add a teaspoon of dry sherry to whiskey to taste like single malt.
    No idea but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    an old trick add a teaspoon of dry sherry to whiskey to taste like single malt.
    No idea but it works.
    Add a teaspoon of whiskey to dry sherry and it still tastes like sh*t...

(Seriously, I'll give that a try crash. I've found that adding a little cheap bourbon to blended whiskey actually makes it taste a bit like a single malt.)

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...can imagine why our lass only bought 1 bottle.......and she's just finished the other 1 off...............

I am going to bed now, after a glass of Jack Daniels Honey

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    The Kirkland blended whisky at Costco is quite good for the money ($20 for a handle). It's probably Grouse anyway. All their spirits come from major suppliers.The Kirkland branded vodka is definitely Grey Goose at a fraction of the cost.
    I'll give that a try, Sota. I can get a 1.5 liter bottle of Ballantynes at Rite Aid in our town for $20.99. Seems one of the better blended Scotch whiskies to me.

Best deal here is a one liter bottle of own-brand blended Scotch at Trader Joes for $9.99. It's very drinkable and I'm sure they buy it wholesale from one of the big Scottish distilleries because it tastes quite decent.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234