+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Aston Villa ***Matchday Thread***

Watched some of the game again. We dominated possession and chances.

The goal was slightly fortunate. There should have been a pen and the biggest factor was the pitch if you look at how the ball divrted, bobbled or players had to be wary with first touch.

Fair play to Villa they defended stoically and played the pitch better. There was so much time wasting going on it was unbelievable.

Given how much Villa spent on their team you didn’t see the difference. Llorente played Watkins v well.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    It makes no obvious sense to continue to use Elland Road at the moment, especially given the style of football we insist on playing.

Their goal even came after a miss-hit shot by a player in the process of losing their footing.
    Abd the scorer was slipping as it came to him looked like comedy. If we didn't know about the pitch it would have been lol

Bielsa was out thought by Smith. Leeds do well against sides that give them space. We were narrow at the back and beat the press by going long. Nakamba and Jacob Ramsey were an impenetrable barrier in front of the back four. All these comments about Villa diving. I bumped my glass and Bamford fell over. Good luck for the rest of the season. I've enjoyed watching your games when on song. VTID

Well said OZ but being accused of parking the bus? I think they mean, defended well. We were the away team and had more shots on Target than Leeds!
    I suppose the biggest complaint is that we didnt play open attractive football and lose...🙄
    No disrepect to Leeds they have done great so far this season. The prem has a better feel with both of us in there.
    UTV

No complaints, you played dull but effective football and got the win. I am disappointed that we didn't stretch you more or have the guile to create more & better chances.

However, I am truly glad that we don't play in a similar way to your lot.

Think going up early affected the game as it allowed Villa to sit back and counter attack which they did very well - not least on that pitch.

We had two or three good chances - Roberts and Rapha ones especially but weren’t good enough on the day.

Villa seem pretty solid all over the pitch even without Grealish.

I'm glad to inform you we have been credited with some of the most atteactive football this season true, it has lost its way in the last 5 or 6 games but you can hardley call us Dull, you cannot critisize a team whch is now 8th just 4 pts of a europa spot with a goal diff of plus 9.
    I am sure leeds and Villa fans would love to play like Man Citeh but to do that you have Buy the league, yesterday they had 300 million pounds worth of talent, On the Bench!
    We were without several key players, fielding a youngers with his 1st full debut and a 35 year in defence plus dare I mention it, no Grealish....and still more shots on target than you. I think you really should be looking to your own team as to why you only had 4 shots on target. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season. Honours even this term, see you next term. 👍✌😁

You too and think Villa are a good team - don’t care much for your manager albeit he knows the game - Grealish was a big loss and you deserved to win - not sure you went at us like you do some teams

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    You too and think Villa are a good team - don’t care much for your manager albeit he knows the game - Grealish was a big loss and you deserved to win - not sure you went at us like you do some teams

Dissagree - Think there was nothing in the game - nothing at all - A goal from a misplaced shot, a couple more shots on target from Villa, A couple of shots on target from Leeds, a possible penalty at the death that wasn't even looked at by VAR but certainly looked like the fouling tosspot Targett [Who having been booked earlier should have walked for his elbow on Pablo] was all over Bambi...

Draw was the fairest result - but still no complaints from me - we didn't deserve 3-0 against Saints last Monday - but happy to take the points.
    We now have 8 days until our next game - we move on....
    Last edited by Tichi1; 28-02-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Villa are the most boring team I have seen play all season. Thats not sour grapes as we didn't do enough to unlock your 11 man defence, but my word, Villa are dull. That's football and you got the points.
    * Sycophantic nonsense Leeds had 4 more attempts at goal & 1 fewer on target than Villa

*On unsporting behaviour, bit rich taking the moral high ground given the theatricals of Bamford and Llorente

* Loved Bielsa snarling into Alioski’s ear prior to his introduction as a late substitute .. anyone enlighten us a) Does Alioski speak Spanish ?? b) or has the monolinguist Bielsa taken a crash course in Bulgarian ??

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)