+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious VAX travel question..?

Serious VAX travel question..?

I have just booked a week of luxury in Fuerteventura departing Bolton early November.

The wife has been vaccinated, I have not.

From your reading and information you lot have gathered will I have a problem?

Hope not BT,Absolutely love Fuerteventura (strong wind )... We almost lived there in the 80's .Went every year and sometimes twice a year.. That was before it became too commerciali. We stayed in Corralejo mostly and Caleta de Fustre the odd time. Always hired a car as it was a pleasure to drive on them.. El cotillo is a lovely quiet place if you hire a car with lovely beaches. There is even a nudist beach just down the road from Corralejo with fantastic sand dunes and big fat old German ladies with no clothes on.. A perverts paradise .lol

I've been about 8 times previously Alf and like you I love it. We went a couple of years back into an adults only 5***** gaffe and have booked the hotel same again, which is highly unusual for me.

The wife is worrying already that I won't be able to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've been about 8 times previously Alf and like you I love it. We went a couple of years back into an adults only 5***** gaffe and have booked the hotel same again, which is highly unusual for me.

The wife is worrying already that I won't be able to travel.
    Get the injection,it was nothing..

I have just booked a week of luxury in Fuerteventura departing Bolton early November.

Only if you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Get the injection,it was nothing..
    I agree BT. You will in all likelihood need to have proof of vaccination before being allowed to fly to Fuerteventura.

Scenarios such as this one imagine how the COVID-19 pandemic might play out1. Around the world, epidemiologists are constructing short- and long-term projections as a way to prepare for, and potentially mitigate, the spread and impact of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Although their forecasts and timelines vary, modellers agree on two things: COVID-19 is here to stay, and the future depends on a lot of unknowns, including whether people develop lasting immunity to the virus, whether seasonality affects its spread, and — perhaps most importantly — the choices made by governments and individuals. “A lot of places are unlocking, and a lot of places aren’t. We don’t really yet know what’s going to happen,” says Rosalind Eggo, an infectious-disease modeller at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).

It is clear now that summer does not uniformly stop the virus, but warm weather might make it easier to contain in temperate regions. In areas that will get colder in the second half of 2020, experts think there is likely to be an increase in transmission....... just saying like?

Undoubtedly you'll have not one problem BT, but several. Our government might have introduced vax passports, the airline might insist on one before they'll let you on the plane, Fuerteventura might not let you in without one. Of course none of the above might happen, in which case you'll be fine, otherwise it's Knott End for you mon ami.

''They are going to jab BT !'' ''They are going to jab BT !'' ''They are going to jab BT !'' ''They are going to jab BT !'' Tra lah lala lah!''

In the end BT, you might have to adopt my pragmatic view, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. It really pisses me off having to be vaxxed to go on holiday, but in the long run we're all dead, so why worry ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)