+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I

Had a great game. Won possession back a number of times. Strong.

Great is reserved for Okay, Gallagher, Maitland Niles and Bartley. Had Phillips or Pereira had a great game then Diagne would have had some service.

Phillips is like Livermore, Sawyers and the Welsh International - championship players at best and that would be a huge compliment to them!

Fat Sam - needs to be ruthless and he’s starting to and that cost Bilic is job - being loyal to s hite players!!! Okay - best player seen for a long time!

Having watched MOTD I thought we were rubbish.

Where were "all the chances" at Sam spoke about?

Was this bad editing or did we get schooled in passing, movement and creative play like the highlights showed?

I thought we looked abysmal.

Watched the whole game live on Sky .... we were better first half and Maitland should have buried the chance just before HT. But second half was like the Alamo. Surprised we held out tbh ..... will not do this too often. Our problem is we have now sorted out the defence and central midfield ..... but we are struggling to link up with attack ..... so the ball just keeps coming back at us. Would be surprised if Brighton go down .... they are a decent side who play good stuff .... they just don’t have a striker to put the ball in the net

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Having watched MOTD I thought we were rubbish.

Where were "all the chances" at Sam spoke about?

Was this bad editing or did we get schooled in passing, movement and creative play like the highlights showed?

I thought we looked abysmal.
    We were played off the pitch Mick by a very good Brighton side who just couldn’t finish, I would have Potter here in a heartbeat, average footballer but a very decent coach, their running off the ball was superb, played passes quickly knowing a player was there to receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    We were played off the pitch Mick by a very good Brighton side who just couldn’t finish, I would have Potter here in a heartbeat, average footballer but a very decent coach, their running off the ball was superb, played passes quickly knowing a player was there to receive it.
    Have to agree with you there Bomber.

It's all very well waxing lyrical about Brighton but they lost, and missed two penalties. Not good. We should remember that we should have beaten both United and Burnley but didn't and are four points worse off because of it. It's like possession, means absolutely nothing. What counts is scoring more goals than the opposition, which we did yesterday!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)