+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Mr Potato Head

OT Mr Potato Head

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56200811

Becomes victim of gender neutrality movement.

Does this mean we must "de-male" Wayne Rooney's nickname too?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

No ones interested in your opinion gp because you don’t tick enough diversity boxes

So, following the Hasbro logic, the American band that released "Broken Wings" will no longer have a name; the Welsh TV show involving couples once hosted by Derek Batey will no longer have a name; the late lamented contributor to this forum will now be known a just "_ram" , Rowan Atkinson becomes Bean and my favourite peanut brittle bar becomes Tom.

Anyway, enough of this, I have to get off to hospital for an I scan

You really must have a sad life if this stirs you to post on here.

Of course what those railing at changes at society that threatens their inherent white male superiority, is that its just the brand that is being changed from Mr Potato Head, to Potato Head they are not gender neutralising the characters at all. There will still be a Mr Potato head and Mrs Potato Head ad no doubt the ability to call the characters whatever one wants to.

Now forgive me, but one changing the bard to gender neutral seems fine to me, there is after all another gender that buys toys. What each respective buyer calls them after that is up to them.

That anyone should be so fussed about this says more about their tendency to froth at irrelevant matters. But I guess if you feel the world you know with all your inbuilt prejudices is changing one is bound to feel a little insecure.

I see only one person frothing, I simply wondered if Rooney's nickname changes. Still you always are one to make mountains of molehills

I see only one person frothing, I simply wondered if Rooney's nickname changes. Still you always are one to make mountains of molehills
    You must be looking in the mirror then! Your the one that started a thread on this and what you posted looks like a lot of frothing to me, rather nonsensical frothing admittedly.

Much ado about **** all!

Yearh, lets go the whole hog.

He/Sheman
    no action man
    little person non genda tears
    Thomas the work to EU guidelines engine and the eating disorder controller
    Rupert I identify as a bear
    WEN/BEN dy house (delete as needed)
    Airball for amputees

They're toys FFS.

I saw the thread MR Potato head and that Thicky was the latest poster, and I thought that fits!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I saw the thread MR Potato head and that Thicky was the latest poster, and I thought that fits!
    I thought I'd inject some humour into it. Something that your genepool and household is lacking

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)