+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The slippery Sturgeon.

The slippery Sturgeon.

Watched Salmond giving evidence yesterday, in any normal democracy Sturgeon would be toast, even if only half of what he said was true, and he had the evidence to prove most of it.

But Scotland is not a normal democracy, it's a one party state, she'll take some shifting.

I watched that as well and it was very noticeable that, when pertinent questions were asked by the Conservative leader, the Labour leader and the Independent guy who was there, the SNP were feeling a bit uncomfortable, however, Nicola will be well prepared for her session on Wednesday and will still be campaigining for Independence in the coming months.
    Politicians ---who would trust them?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I watched that as well and it was very noticeable that, when pertinent questions were asked by the Conservative leader, the Labour leader and the Independent guy who was there, the SNP were feeling a bit uncomfortable, however, Nicola will be well prepared for her session on Wednesday and will still be campaigining for Independence in the coming months.
    She’s one of the last I’d trust like Merkel a hitler love child

Reckon it should be a straight fight between Sturgeon and Salmon(d) with Peter Pike as referee.

I bet she's as dry as a bone.

Absolutely Supersub - I hate part politics and the pettiness and harm that it does to society.

However living north of the Border, I do think that as a leader through the whole pandemic I think she has done well in stepping up and making positive decisions. I also think the same about BJ.

Adversity brings out the best and the worst but I actually feel that whilst it's been an awful time for a lot of people, it has been a welcome break from the bitching and whining of the day to day kindergarten farce that is party politics. Unfortunately its on its way back though.

I watched that as well and it was very noticeable that, when pertinent questions were asked by the Conservative leader, the Labour leader and the Independent guy who was there, the SNP were feeling a bit uncomfortable,
    The two SNP MPs seemed to me Sub just to be going through the motions, they droned out their questions with no enthusiasm, Salmond brushed them aside easily, and they seemed almost resigned to their fate, or in this case their leader's fate. Salmond has her bang to rights on numerous counts, she hasn't got a leg to stand on, but she won't go quietly, she'll have to be dragged out kicking and screaming, they might not get her out at all, but surely her credibility is shot to ribbons now.

I think little Jimmy Krankie might be looking for a new job pretty soon.

The "evidence" always gets you in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The "evidence" always gets you in the end.
    Didn't get OJ

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Didn't get OJ
    He still ended up in jail kritichris. The "evidence" just dragged him into submission, ultimately Sturgeon will go the same way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)