+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Oxford City 27.01.21 [FAT QF]

Good second half and what a goal ha ha! Happy with the win and giving players a run out. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I have just read the thread from start to finish and what stuck out for me was that KC Notts was all over the first 6 pages moaning, then didn't post again as soon as we equalised. I understand the first half was poor but it does seem some posters only want to come on here to moan.
    Elite had a go at Sam and the first half performance which was justified but came on to praise the second half performance and Sams goal. Pity some others don't do the same.
    You've only just noticed that today?????

I noticed that about 16 months ago just before KCNotts stopped watching games that season and quit on the club.

Obviously went out to the back garden to sharpen the Ode Pitchfork in preparation for the next time we are losing a game in the first half.

I don't know whether it's Elisha Sam's superficially cumbersome physical appearance and/or the fact that he isn't quite the centre forward people in this country expect when they look at someone like him, but it's time to start recognising that this guy is returning quite a few goals. often coming in from wide, and we can't keep writing them (or him) off as lucky or accidental. He does affect games, and usually in a positive way.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I don't know whether it's Elisha Sam's superficially cumbersome physical appearance and/or the fact that he isn't quite the centre forward people in this country expect when they look at someone like him, but it's time to start recognising that this guy is returning quite a few goals. often coming in from wide, and we can't keep writing them (or him) off as lucky or accidental. He does affect games, and usually in a positive way.
    He's always shown moments of great skill which seemed incongruent with his build. He's got quick feet and, as you say, he delivers the goods in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The irony of Eli Sam! That was one of the best goals I've seen for quite some time. Unbelievable match winning goal!

Goal of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You've only just noticed that today?????

I noticed that about 16 months ago just before KCNotts stopped watching games that season and quit on the club.

Obviously went out to the back garden to sharpen the Ode Pitchfork in preparation for the next time we are losing a game in the first half.
    Same against Daggers calling Ardley for having no keeper then nothing. Totally respect KC doesn’t like Ardley and agree with some of it but it’s totally OTT and repetitive. None of us have 100% enjoyed the performances of the last 10 games or so but as a football fan you still have to marvel and enjoy games like Daggers and Sams goal today else what’s the point of watching football. Even if Ardley was sacked tomorrow, history tells us especially as Notts fans its never a bed of roses so not sure what’s he’s looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He's always shown moments of great skill which seemed incongruent with his build. He's got quick feet and, as you say, he delivers the goods in the end!
    I have a feeling we're only scratching the surface of what he might be, because we keep swapping and changing him in and out of the side, and yet already his goals have been the deciding factor in some of the games he's played. It takes time for foreign players to bed in to the British game, but as we've seen with Ruben Rodrigues, the more they get used to the surroundings the better they start to become. Sam and Ruben were both quite obviously Football Radar-influenced signings and they seem pretty good at uncovering hidden gems.
    Last edited by jackal2; 27-02-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I have a feeling we're only scratching the surface of what he might be, because we keep swapping and changing him in and out of the side, and yet already his goals have been the deciding factor in some of the games he's played. It takes time for foreign players to bed in to the British game, but as we've seen with Ruben Rodrigues, the more they get used to the surroundings the better they start to become. Sam and Ruben were both quite obviously Football Radar-influenced signings and they seem pretty good at uncovering hidden gems.
    I really don’t know, I was saying he was poor first half and doubted he’s up to scratch and then does that and like you say has scored some important goals, I’d be more than happy to be wrong.

He deserves the plaudits for a quite audacious goal today but for me he still has a lot to prove in terms of his all round game. Regular playing minutes will help of course, but when he does play his overall contribution has to be better, much better. He was lucky not to get subbed at half time today he was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    He deserves the plaudits for a quite audacious goal today but for me he still has a lot to prove in terms of his all round game. Regular playing minutes will help of course, but when he does play his overall contribution has to be better, much better. He was lucky not to get subbed at half time today he was that bad.
    This exactly sums up my thoughts too.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Dutch Sam's Grand Slam?
    Hate to point out that he’s Belgian!

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast