+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Oxford City 27.01.21 [FAT QF]

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He was regularly rotating the last 10 games of last season when the games came thick and getting stick for changing a winning side even though we kept mostly winning
    Yes, he was rotating certain players, whist always playing a select few, irrespective of performances. Look at the Wembley match. Rawlinson dropped for no reason. We can look at how Crawford was treated, Ozzy and going a little further back, Bird. All these players did well when they came into the side, but were then dropped for no reason, and on a few occasions, they didn't even make the bench after performing well the game before. This is what causes problems and discontent

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Did anyone else hear this?
    I too seem to have missed this. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I seem to have missed this. Anyone?
    Not been listening for long today, but Ardley has said this in the past (well, words to that effect), so is believable

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Yes, he was rotating certain players, whist always playing a select few, irrespective of performances. Look at the Wembley match. Rawlinson dropped for no reason. We can look at how Crawford was treated, Ozzy and going a little further back, Bird. All these players did well when they came into the side, but were then dropped for no reason, and on a few occasions, they didn't even make the bench after performing well the game before. This is what causes problems and discontent
    I guess it’s down to opinions I didn’t think them 3 were great and never pulled up any trees but that arguments been done to death. Rawlinson had had Covid, I don’t think any manager drops their player of the season and he’s never dropped him before or since I don’t believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Not been listening for long today, but Ardley has said this in the past (well, words to that effect), so is believable
    I could believe it if he said that the first team were keeping the others out due to their performances but I'd be very surpirsed if there was any other reason. Still, as I didn't hear it said it does surprise me.

As I am only listening to audio today can anyone watching comment on how we're doing and how the fringe players are performing?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-02-2021 at 03:23 PM.

I guess it’s down to opinions I didn’t think them 3 were great and never pulled up any trees but that arguments been done to death. Rawlinson had had Covid, I don’t think any manager drops their player of the season and he’s never dropped him before or since I don’t believe.
    I agree that this has been done to death, but as for Rawlinson being dropped to the bench for the final to be replaced by Turner who had been injured was wrong and I believe was the main reason we lost that match. But that is my opinion.

I am a firm believer that if you play well, you keep your place. If you under perform you get dropped, but it seems that there a few players that will never play that poorly, or others will play that well, in the managers eyes for this to happen

Urgh. Bird never let us down when he played and often looked pretty good. He wasn't given enough games. Doing well at Eastleigh now.

Osbourne scores some good goals and was more direct than any of our current midfielders. Yes there were weaknesses in his game...but isn't that why you give young players experience?! Smashed up the league below ours this season and earned another move.

Crawford was badly treated by Ardley in my opinion. But when he did play towards the end of the season he did well and looked energetic and dangerous. So much so that many on here were hoping he would be given a new deal.

0-1 today. Absolute tripe again. Oxford have our number. Get this idiot out of our club.

We are playing our usual rubbish..

Unlucky for Golden, but we asked for that as we have retreated as Oxford City have adopted the high press. Also our play is breaking down in the final third with misplaced passes so the opposing keeper has had nothing to do again.

Ardley's inability, or should I say bafflement, of how to combat the high press has emerged again. 0-1 To Oxford.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast