+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Oxford City 27.01.21 [FAT QF]

Looking messy! And not in the Lionel sense!
    Passes going short or long etc...
    Oxford done their homework eg...googled Notts and High Press and boom.
    Loads of mistakes from Notts and Oxford deserve the lead so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Unlucky for Golden, but we asked for that as we have retreated as Oxford City have adopted the high press. Also our play is breaking down in the final third with misplaced passes so the opposing keeper has had nothing to do again.
    High press is the easiest way to beat us.

We've got Knowles and Palmer playing the Wootton Enzio roles with exactly the same result. No service at all so how they expected to score.. FFS.. 😡

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Looking messy! And not in the Lionel sense!
    Passes going short or long etc...
    Oxford done their homework eg...googled Notts and High Press and boom.
    Loads of mistakes from Notts and Oxford deserve the lead so far.
    Difficult to argue that Oxford aren't the better side. More organised, more purpose. We ain't looking so good at the minute.

How on earth does it take 32 minutes for us to have our first corner at home? This is the problem we are just not dangerous or forceful enough in the final third.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    How on earth does it take 32 minutes for us to have our first corner at home? This is the problem we are just not dangerous or forceful enough in the final third.
    Looks very much like we couldn’t give a toss!

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Urgh. Bird never let us down when he played and often looked pretty good. He wasn't given enough games. Doing well at Eastleigh now.

Osbourne scores some good goals and was more direct than any of our current midfielders. Yes there were weaknesses in his game...but isn't that why you give young players experience?! Smashed up the league below ours this season and earned another move.

Crawford was badly treated by Ardley in my opinion. But when he did play towards the end of the season he did well and looked energetic and dangerous. So much so that many on here were hoping he would be given a new deal.

0-1 today. Absolute tripe again. Oxford have our number. Get this idiot out of our club.
    I do agree with Bird, he was solid, there were suggestions by ardley and players he wasn’t a great trainer, I would have been happy based on his appearances he stayed. Ozzy and Crawford did ok in games and wouldn’t have minded them staying but we all need to honest about none of us to my recollection were waxing lyrical about them last season. Osbourne and Crawford certainly were picked out at times of having poor performances, these weren’t 17 year olds, 20+ and getting a few chances.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Difficult to argue that Oxford aren't the better side. More organised, more purpose. We ain't looking so good at the minute.
    I think Oxford City look like a good team. They look really fresh, energetic, well organised and are prepared to have a go. Roberts is the best player on the pitch in my opinion and it's not Cal Roberts for us as he's not playing.

In some ways I think we can consider ourselves lucky to only be 1-0 down as they have had much more quality in our final third and are more dangerous than what we have been at the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I do agree with Bird, he was solid, there were suggestions by ardley and players he wasn’t a great trainer, I would have been happy based on his appearances he stayed. Ozzy and Crawford did ok in games and wouldn’t have minded them staying but we all need to honest about none of us to my recollection were waxing lyrical about them last season. Osbourne and Crawford certainly were picked out at times of having poor performances, these weren’t 17 year olds, 20+ and getting a few chances.
    Well. I'd rather have Bird in this team instead of Turner, Crawford instead of O'Brien and Osbourne instead of Miller.

I guess it's a game of 2 attitudes.

Notts attitude manifests itself through a team half made up of fringe players who don't give much of a toss and Oxford's attitude is based on a team who could be playing their last game of the season if they lose. Plus, it's a cup game and we are one of the so called 'giants' and we're rife for a 'killing' at the moment. It's horrible and no more than I expected to be honest.

Not often have I criticised the manager this season, but that was rubbish. One half to sort it out Ardley.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast