+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Oxford City 27.01.21 [FAT QF]

Every week I watch MOTD & marvel at the sight of about 30% of the goals coming from defensive mistakes when being pressed trying to play out from the back. When are managers at all levels going to realise that it's not a good tactic if the opposition know it's coming every time? if multi million £ Prem players can't play that way it's not surprising ours keep cocking up when pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Well we might have depth in the squad if that means numbers but if that first half is anything to go by it doesn’t go deep in ability and talent ! Not asking for too much just passing to a fellow team mate would be a start !
    I agree. Some fans have been wondering why some players have not been getting game time, but today so far as demonstrated to me that some are just not at the level they should be at to start regularly. These games are supposed to be an opportunity for fringe players to showcase and push for a first team place.

Oxford City are up for it because they might not play again this season and they want to beat a the biggest club in non-league in our big stadium and are treating it like a cup final. Our players out there need to show they can deal with this and show us much more in the second half than what they have first half. It's not acceptable against a tier 6 team no matter how good they have been recently to be so timid and flat in the final third.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 27-02-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    What's the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?
    When will Ardley learn that his system isn't working, especially against the high press? I would love to know what the players really think, especially those up front who have bugger all service to feed off.
    ... this.
    It's easy at NCFC, all you have to do is make a 10/20 yard pass in any direction. Doesn't matter if we don't put pressure on the opposition ...

One common denominator - the manager

This says it all. We're losing 5-0 on Shots On Target, at home against Oxford City!!

Forget 62% possession, means nothing in the context of this game.

Name:  HT Stats.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  31.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Well that was a poor first half from Notts.
    Eli Sam doesnt seem interested and has given/lost the ball so much.
    Young Campbell not really got into the game.
    Golden couldn't handle his opponent.
    Although an unfortunate goal, it was deserved
    Need a big second half if we are to get anything out of this.
    Yeah, don't see Sam staying with us beyond this season. To be fair those few games that he started earlier in the season when he scored a couple, he seemed ok. Think he's probably just thrown his dummy out since then, which, is fair enough when you have no chance of getting in to the team because of Ardley's favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I agree. Some fans have been wondering why some players have not been getting game time, but today so far as demonstrated to me that some are just not at the level they should be at to start regularly. These games are supposed to be an opportunity for fringe players to showcase and push for a first team place.

Oxford City are up for it because they might not play again this season and they want to beat a the biggest club in non-league in our big stadium and treat it like a cup final. Our players out there need to show they can deal with this and show us more than what they have first half.
    I agree, but it doesn't help when your manager wants you play like Man City, when you don't have anywhere near the talent.

The creative and attacking players in an Ardley side are in a complete hiding to nothing. Don't let him sign any more players!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Another dismal first half. I don't know what the formation is supposed to be, but it's been 9-0-2 for most of the time. We have created virtually nothing and although their goal was fortunate, we are lucky to be only one down. One Notts player who has stood out is Eli Sam - but only because he's been even worse than the rest, he looks like he's got his boots on the wrong feet. Whatever our gameplan was in the first half it failed miserably, a total re-think is needed if we are to save the game.
    Yep, I hate calling players, but I just can’t see anything with Sam, if I was the club I would probably take the hard decision to try and get another forward in whatever the cost. Us playing possession based football on the whole last season and this season has worked to the degree in with we have been in the top 3ish but we may need that target man with some goals in him to compensate where it’s not possible, hard to find but maybe for 3 months there’s someone out there willing to drop a couple of leagues to play a few games if we pay out.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Should have saved myself £8 and gone for a walk in the sunshine. Different starting 11, same performance.
    If you took my dog with yer, you could have made yersen £8.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Well i suppose thats why you arent a football manager. Bird ffs!
    Yeah Bird. You know, that U21 international and local lad, who is now playing for Eastleigh in our league and winning Man of the Match awards in the heart of their defence.

Mad innit.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast