+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Oxford City 27.01.21 [FAT QF]

Not just you.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Move along nothing to see here folks.
    My preference was to let them make their own minds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I wouldn’t get rid of him. In fact I would ask him at what age he plans on retiring and offer him a contract until that date. All for some stability. The only caveat being he has to get us promoted at least twice in that time. 2 promotions in 20 years would be progress right?
    I don't want to see a 60 year old Micheal Doyle running about in midfield thanks ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm sorry Pedro you've lost me completely there.

I do think he's a decent manager and I don't want him gone if he gets us promoted. If he doesn't get us promoted I would be 50/50 and would trust the owners' judgement on it.

Hope I've answered the right question as I'm not entirely sure what was being asked
    The question was simple, I'm not sure why you struggled with it?
    You have now answered it.
    I never realised you were quite so dim witted although I had suspected it.
    Xxxxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    You are mistaken, I’ve not been saying he’s good or bad. I believe he’s done some good stuff and there are times when I’ve scratched my head. I don’t solely blame him for the relegation and, in my opinion, last season was mainly positive. Ultimately, to give him the rest of the season is correct.

If promotion isn’t achieved, which is the target, then the correct decision would be to part company because he would of failed. I don’t get why that’s so difficult to understand?

I take it your last sentence is tongue in cheek. If not, no different to other clubs.
    A very balanced view which I can understand.
    Unlike most of the pro Ardley brigade dont seem to have I'm afraid.
    They come up with excuse after excuse for him and see no fault with him ,hence the last sentence.
    If they do find a fault they then come up with an excuse for it again hence the last line.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    The other point I’d add re ‘promotion doesn’t define him’. You need to put into context e.g. Man City with their resources need to be challenging for the Premier League. Fulham on the other hand, success would be avoiding relegation. So in terms of Notts/Ardley the target is promotion this season.
    My point about a good or bad manager being defined by their season is about mitigating circumstances.
    Such as budgets injuries transfers (for the cash) luck (good or bad) and their managment of the said club.
    All things that can have a good or bad effect on a club during a season that a manager could find it hard to control aswell as their chosen style to adopt and implement.
    In Ardleys case I suppose it boils down to his chosen style hes adopted and how he impliments it during games.
    It seems the rest of the factors are in his favour.
    Personally I think it's been poor and I dont see it improving and we are the man city and not the Fulham.
    But there are others on here that seem to have a different view on all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I wouldn’t get rid of him. In fact I would ask him at what age he plans on retiring and offer him a contract until that date. All for some stability. The only caveat being he has to get us promoted at least twice in that time. 2 promotions in 20 years would be progress right?
    Personally I think you've nailed it...!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The question was simple, I'm not sure why you struggled with it?
    You have now answered it.
    I never realised you were quite so dim witted although I had suspected it.
    Xxxxx.
    It would be a lot easier if your occasionally weak command of the English language allowed you to type less ambiguous nonsense than you frequently manage. You really are a jolly cheeky chappie though so I suppose we must make allowances for the sake of entertainment value.

P.S. I always read your posts as if they are poems because of your quirk of starting each sentence on a new line. Just thought you might find that amusing. xxx
    Last edited by SwalePie; 02-03-2021 at 12:23 PM.

A very balanced view which I can understand.
    Unlike most of the pro Ardley brigade dont seem to have I'm afraid.....
    No ironing comment? Seriously?!

Standards are evidently slipping.

My point about a good or bad manager being defined by their season is about mitigating circumstances.
    Such as budgets injuries transfers (for the cash) luck (good or bad) and their managment of the said club.
    All things that can have a good or bad effect on a club during a season that a manager could find it hard to control aswell as their chosen style to adopt and implement.
    In Ardleys case I suppose it boils down to his chosen style hes adopted and how he impliments it during games.
    It seems the rest of the factors are in his favour.
    Personally I think it's been poor and I dont see it improving and we are the man city and not the Fulham.
    But there are others on here that seem to have a different view on all of the above.
    I definitely agree we are the Man City of the NL. That’s why I firmly believe this season promotion is an absolute must. Ardley has been well supported by the owners and given a season to consolidate/build ...... he needs to deliver.

I do find there is some absolute drivel written on here. Folk seem to look for sticks to beat Ardley with and get very personal.

Anyway, I can assure you I’m not a disciple😃. I am a glass half full person and I believe NA is very close to the the correct formula. We’ll know come the end of the season.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast