+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Oxford City 27.01.21 [FAT QF]

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Parachute payments and decent home attendances.
    Also assume we have wealthy owners who have financially supported the club through the pandemic.
    So 1 out of 3 is actually a fact. We don’t know how wealthy the owners are, that’s a guess. We used to have decent home attendances but that’s been a real leveller these last 12 months. In fact I know for a fact that Hucknall Town have had more fans than us this season so should I expect them to beat us?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    But that doesn’t mean we have the best budget as the owners set the budget.
    The owners said in their Q&A and please correct me if I’m wrong as it’s not word for word.

We are slightly underperforming to where we expect to be (think we were 7th)

We are looking for value in signings

If we are not promoted league funding stops for academy and that probably means it becomes unfeasible

I don’t think these guys are throwing money at us. We haven’t got a massive squad at all and within that 4 or so young players on loan.
    Also it’s the owners that sanctioned not offering Crawford or Bird contracts and also would appear did not sanction giving Osbourne a lucrative enough contract to convince him to stay. Ardleys not left to his own devices, they employ a football analyst reviewing all the players and basically assess if they are getting value and if not they go to market, now whether this is the right approach is up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So 1 out of 3 is actually a fact. We don’t know how wealthy the owners are, that’s a guess. We used to have decent home attendances but that’s been a real leveller these last 12 months. In fact I know for a fact that Hucknall Town have had more fans than us this season so should I expect them to beat us?
    Who's guessing now?
    I'm guessing they have a certain amount of wealth otherwise we wouldn't be making the signings we have and be adding to the squad as the season goes.
    Paying for covid testing when there was no reason to.
    What's your guess do you not think they have bank rolled us this season and put a budget in place
    If you think hucknall should beat us then so be it.
    But in reality our budget wouldn't be set the same as theirs now would it.
    There I go guessing again.
    So I will go 3 out of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’m agnostic about the Trophy, and I’ve also accepted that one way or another, we’re going to still be in the National league next season, but hopefully with fans in attendance and a different manager.

The ongoing debate about the current manager’s abilities or lack of them has been done to death.
    It has indeed, you have contributed aplenty to it, and yes it is pathetic but it's to be expected, the norm.

Because it's been "done to death" it should temporarily end the Ardley In/Out thread, which is fast approaching 1000 posts, until the end of the season. Yet it hasn't, you think it's dead and like the Undertaker it sits back up when someone who is desperate for a change posts to resurrect it#thedeadman

Also it’s the owners that sanctioned not offering Crawford or Bird contracts and also would appear did not sanction giving Osbourne a lucrative enough contract to convince him to stay. Ardleys not left to his own devices, they employ a football analyst reviewing all the players and basically assess if they are getting value and if not they go to market, now whether this is the right approach is up for debate.
    We have a good budget , I never said the best.
    I would be surprised if it wasnt top 3

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    We have a good budget , I never said the best.
    I would be surprised if it wasnt top 3
    You said top two if not top one. I’m not even being pedantic, from what the owners have said we can assume we are in the top 3 or 4, on PPG I think we’re 3rd. That’s my point regarding Ardley, he’s probably got us where we should be, we’re not over achieving nor under achieving points wise. I’ve never been waxing lyrical about Ardley but to say he’s massively underachieving this season and last based on the facts (points) simply isn’t true. Are we currently happy with performances, no, do we think he can over achieve this season, we will only know at the end of the season or before if we nose dive.

You said top two if not top one. I’m not even being pedantic, from what the owners have said we can assume we are in the top 3 or 4, on PPG I think we’re 3rd. That’s my point regarding Ardley, he’s probably got us where we should be, we’re not over achieving nor under achieving points wise. I’ve never been waxing lyrical about Ardley but to say he’s massively underachieving this season and last based on the facts (points) simply isn’t true. Are we currently happy with performances, no, do we think he can over achieve this season, we will only know at the end of the season or before if we nose dive.
    He hasn’t though Matt. He took us down from League 2 so is underachieving. At least that’s the logic of some.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You didn't watch the game. You don't care about the competition. You are extremely reluctant to give any praise, ever. You don't answer questions just ask lots.

Can you give praise to lovely guy Neal Ardley turning temporarily into Mr Nasty at half time to get a response from the underperforming fringe players?

To answer your latest questions We are not on a par with the likes of Oxford City, Weymouth, Maidenhead, Dover, Kings Lynne or Kings Lynn. I have never and will never say that. We should get promoted this season, said it dozens of times now but you choose to ignore#noexcuses

Whereas you seem to have a real problem when Notts don't dominate a team with far less resources in our league or heavens forbid a league below. This has been evident ever since we've been relegated out of the football league. You are going to have to get past this issue or its going to eat you up every time we drop points.

All ex league clubs that drop to this level lose to teams with a fraction of their resources. You ask any Oxford, Luton, Wrexham, Stockport, Mansfailed, Chesterfield, Lincoln etc fan. They will all have countless examples of embarrassing losses to part time teams. That's what happens None of these teams had a devine right to beat part timers, or full time teams with less resources nor do we.

Let's not forget when we were still in the league our Stylish Magpies with all its resources lost to the footballing greats of Salford, Kettering, and Havant & Waterlooville not too long ago.
    No matter how much you deflect the issue, were we awful again for 45 mins.
    Did the manager sit there and fo nothing?
    How many times has that happened?
    You can blame Nolan , or even moniz now,but that did not mean it didn't happen.
    And yet you praise the manager for tackling the issue at half time.
    The issue is Ardler is a poor manager.
    I have a recent relegation and a failed promotion campaign to prove it.
    What have you got that says otherwise.

MM top one or two with attendances and facilities, included.
    Obviously when people can attend games, so no your not pedantic,just wrong.
    As far as PPG we are in a false position.we have a shed load of away games coming up in mid march through to April.
    See that loss of 2 points (when playing for the point)come back to haunt us.
    Not fact but an educated guess based on the history of Ardleys away form with us.

His "tactics" blew our chance of an immediate return to League 2 in the play offs. They also saw us relegated. He is a consistent under achiever.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast