+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

To be in with a chance we need our best to be available and for them all to be at their best. Take a few pieces away and the quality level drops dramatically. Smith and Crooks is our best combination up front; anything else hasn't been good enough and doesn't show any possibility of getting better.

Can we stay up? I think so as long as those around us don't improve.

I rest my case, I said they aren't good enough to stay in this league.

I think we're down.

No quality at all shown in that display today and to be honest, i'm not sure there was 100% effort either. Crooks in particular was shocking for me - looked so slow on the ball and didn't seem to want to run at reading.

We can't score and particularly with Birmingham winning today, Wednesday night is absolutely a must win game. Thankfully Wednesday threw away their 2-0 lead today and lost or else things would look very bleak indeed. Don't win on Wednesday and we've had it.

I'm so frustrated with the games at the moment and not gaining much enjoyment from them either. Long ball seems to be the tactic now and when we did try and pass it today the players looked like they had never played together.

Abysmal performance today. It really can only get better. UTM!

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Never seen a Millers team pass it as poorly as that.

Crooks was the chief offender.

Yes we are having bad luck with injuries but that doesn't excuse what you do with the ball.
    Completely agree, Crooks had his worst game, there’s no way we can get these wins based on this performance, Reading were there for the taking

Yep Reading werent much cop. At least we will be playing the pigs in Div 1 next season.

I'm afraid you lot are to blame, or the fans like you. The owner has noted your slavish adoration of the hapless Warne, your willingness to accept crap in return for his shiny new stadium and thought "They're happy enough; why spend money?" You are hoisted on your own petard; must support the club through thick and thin so you get thin. Pathetic. Warne should never have got the job and once in should have been sacked months ago. Whoever signed Ladapo and Tilt and let Yates and JCH go should be shot.

Got to agree with most post on here. That was absolutely dire, What will PW say?. They left it all out there, can't ask any more from them................Paul, what about saying how it was, dire. Even the Comms on Ifollow wasn't very complimentary, Les was having a go.

League 1 beckons if we dont win at the Pigsty.

Pw was saying that we will need 50pts to stay up......we won't get 50 if we play til Christmas, he's having a laugh....

All these injuries have been so crucial this season

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep Reading werent much cop. At least we will be playing the pigs in Div 1 next season.
    In all honesty I felt like they were playing within themselves and had us all cosied up in their pocket the whole afternoon. They did what they had to without breaking sweat. They would of had many other gears to go into but they didn't have to

Things that happen in most games recently:

Our players nearly always lose out all over the pitch when there's a tussle for the ball and that applies even if it's 60-40 in our favour.

We rarely have anyone standing on the edge of the box to pick up headed clearances from corners or free kicks.

When we attack down the right we rarely have anyone going down the left and vice versa.

When we break forwards and have someone free out wide we inevitably pass behind that player and the ball goes out of play.

We lump the ball forwards and hope something miraculous will happen. It rarely does but we still keep doing it ad nauseum.

We pick up 2 or 3 unnecessary yellow cards.

This is by no means an exclusive list so feel free to add to it ☹

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast