+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Paul Warne’s thoughts:-

"I think against a good Reading team, we created enough to get something out of it. But you're judged by your two boxes and we just weren't good enough in the final third.

"I was just waiting for the net to ripple. Lady luck has eluded us with the deflected shot.

"We have to dig in and fight for survival but I just don't think we are taking our chances in the final third. We didn't do enough to come away with anything."

We beat Preston 21 days ago 2-1 away. We felt like we could take on anyone around that time with the M'Boro and Derby wins also. Now we don't even look like scoring. 21 days, can't half change this game. We rode that wave, hopefully we get something to kickstart us again. Scoring first in a game would do us the world of good, we are woeful when chasing because other teams are far too savvy with how they manage the game. C'mon boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Where? and still why, as this is nothing to do with today's result this is about Blackpool. You're just hijacking threads for no reason at all.
    Post 40 explains my reasoning to Lol in the same way I explained it to IBS a couple of weeks ago and to WLB on lots of occasions, just following what 'the tribe' voted to do a few seasons back. I thought his thread about Posh was born out of seeing JCH score a couple and so warranted adding to the chat about our performance/position/predicament. Likewise I thought your thread was born out of the injury to Robertson and so deserved to be chatted about as part of the match in which it had just happened. Had either thread been opened at earlier/later times they would have been left alone as most threads are. Crash's post got merged because as usual his thread lacked any sort of indication to what it was about so I thought it was a comment on the game until I realised too late he was talking about rugby as at the time I had no knowledge Wales and England were even playing.

I don't know what people expect to be fair. We have about 8000 fans and recruit accordingly. I doubt that signing someone like De Bruyne would add more than a few thousand and that would just be temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Bit harsh on Tilt, if he’s not being picked then how can he prove himself? Personally I thought he should’ve stayed here

with wood out and robertson injured we need tilt back but will warne do it no he carry on

We've lost 6 in a row but not been rolled over in any. We've lost by the odd goal. There are very small margins in these games. We may not have played particularly well but still had clear cut chances in every single game to get something out of them.

Confidence is a biggest factor and I think our forwards have gone through a dip in front of goal. That does not mean we are a poor side or incapable.

Belief will play a huge part in the remaining games (from players not the fans).

The 3 teams above us are 5, 6 and 7 points clear but we have 2 games in hand.

This is not over by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hillsborough Miller View Post
    with wood out and robertson injured we need tilt back but will warne do it no he carry on
    He can’t come back until end of loan

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    We've lost 6 in a row but not been rolled over in any. We've lost by the odd goal. There are very small margins in these games. We may not have played particularly well but still had clear cut chances in every single game to get something out of them.

Confidence is a biggest factor and I think our forwards have gone through a dip in front of goal. That does not mean we are a poor side or incapable.

Belief will play a huge part in the remaining games (from players not the fans).

This sums the situation up.
    Well said.

One third of the season still to go

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post

Yes less hysteria and more undestanding of the situation is required.We have just been beaten by a playoff team and the usual culprits misguidedlybash the manager.He was promised money to spend in January but that turned out to be false.He had to offload five and bring in two on loan.Is that fair?However I still think we will have a better final third of the season with three players coming back shortly and not so difficult fixtures to face.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789