+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vydra

Vydra

VYDRA | "On the training pitch I feel good scoring goals and now I need to bring the goals from the training pitch to the Premier League ..

Never a truer word spoken
    He certainly does need to..

If he gets in the 1st eleven. I think he blew his chance when Barnes and Wood were out.

He looks so promising but fails to deliver the final punch.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    He looks so promising but fails to deliver the final punch.
    It's tricky Alf isn't it, trying to get the words 'punch' and 'Vydra' into the same sentence. When I think of Vydra, I'm thinking more on the lines of soft duvet covers, fluffy pillows and comfy chairs.

Sadly, I have arrived at the conclusion he would make a very decent Championship player, but these robust EPL defenders are just too tough for him.

Can't argue with that BT, he was a very decent Championship player.

In fairness, most of our squad have come from the Championship.

Some players can cope with the step up from the Championship to the PL, some can't, Vydra looks like one who just can't. Andre Gray was another.

I'm still not sure,there's something about him when he's on the pitch.His movement is good and I don't think we play a style of football that suits him,he's good on the ground.Been very difficult for him playing the last 10 minutes in numerous games.All in all I'd like to keep him in the squad and to get a better replacement would cost a lot of money which we now don't have unfortunately.

[QU He’s a goal scorer who doesn’t get the correct service playing for Burnley, we play big boot to big men he’s constantly feeding of scraps unless he plays with Rodriguez who is intelligent as a footballer and understands the link up and what he needs.
    As for being championship quality I get that to a point but goalscorers are goalscorers , we never played Bamford who I really rated and I’ve posted before I’ve argued forever with Leeds fans last year , they said he garbage and only championship quality ( proved em wrong this year I think ).

I’m just of the opinion if we made 10 chances a game and he scored/ missed 2-3 it would be a different conversation- I’m driving at the fact we don’t Create many chances and he doesn’t really get a fair chance to settle- relax

It must be difficult being a forward at Burnley - we demand Aguero quality finishes from what you will still all call a championship striker. OTE=The Bedlington Terrier;39716627]Sadly, I have arrived at the conclusion he would make a very decent Championship player, but these robust EPL defenders are just too tough for him. [/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)